Sunday, December 12, 2010

Silvery Bauble Tree

It's time for Silver Sunday over at Gypsy Fish Journal
There are lots of silver and silvery things around during the holidays,
come show off some of yours.


I'm also joining Susan's Met Monday over at Between Naps On The Porch
and
Boring to Better over at Savvy Southern Style


bau·ble (bôˈbəl)noun
A small, showy ornament of little value; a trinket.
Archaic: A mock scepter carried by a court jester.
Origin: Middle English babel, from Old French, plaything.

This is a 10 minute no-fail holiday project.
Supplies:
tiered dessert stand or stacked footed plates of your choice
baubles - aka Christmas balls
tree topper




Arrange haphazardly!
And you may call it a success and it's DONE!


You can be NAUGHTY and claim it took you hours and hours
or
You can be NICE and make one for a friend!


Mine took me hours and hours of work to bring to you today. :-)







My Christmas Tree this year is very sparkly, glittery and silvery!
And it DID take me hours of spray painting and spreading glitter
everywhere ..... my dust bunnies are even glittery!
Be smarter than I was and do the glittering in the garage
or outside, if you live in a mild climate like I do.



Lots of glittery things on my holiday tablescapes too!
Click on the image below to go check them out.


Thanks so much for dropping by to visit, I do hope you'll stop
back often during the next couple of weeks for more holiday posts.

20 comments:

  1. Well, the tiered stand is just the cutest thing ever. Gorgeous, and what a fabulous idea. I need one of those. Your tree is stunning, everything is just beautiful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Candy,
    oh what a wonderful idea to show special Christmas baubles in a safe way. Very adorable.
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful pictures.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your silver tiered stand with all the beautiful ornaments!! Your tree is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great idea using the tiered stand. I can't use my tree topper like that on our tree this year, so this is a great alternate use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ut oh, now I have to rush out and find me one of those tiered stands. I love the look! You're amazing at this!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is probably the most beautiful thing I have seen in blogland this Christmas. It is stunning and such a great idea. Your cupboard next to it is so beautiful. I could look at that for hours. All those gorgeous dishes...woo! Hugs, Deb=^..^=x5

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you your tiered stand! It just glows. You have also picked out the perfect tree topper for it. ~Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stand and the cabinet it's standing next to -- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too funny - glittered dustbunnies:) Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your "hours and hours" really paid off ! Your baubles look so festive, as does your tree. So pretty.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's darling. I'd hate to take it down after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the "baubles" you used in your project. I love that word and I love the meaning. Your tree is beautiful and well worth the time you gave it. BTW, love the chest next to the bauble stand. I would love one of those. Happy Holidays,
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I would have to sway on the naughty side..tee hee...just so pretty.
    Thanks for playing along....Joyeux Noel to you~
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the tiered tree and your large tree. All looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for your lovely comments! Isn't it funny how some of the quickie, easy to do things turn out the best ???? I will most likely be adapting this idea for other seasons of the year too.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love lots of sparkly decor! Happy holidays! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Candy! I am going to be an unashamed copy cat! This is "stealworthy"! I have some gorgeous antique ornaments an a tree topper that belonged to my grandmother! I had them in a lit crystal champagne bucket last year, but it did not show them off individually. This is a real decor star!
    Thanks for making StoneGable a prettier place to live!
    Your sparkling "Tower of Bauble" is gorgeous! And I love it on that table!
    xo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home is so welcoming and beautiful! Merry Christmas!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks ladies! I love these easy projects, leaves more time to blog hop! LOL

    Come back again soon,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails