Saturday, December 11, 2010

Pine Cones and Pink For Christmas


I'm joining Seasonal Sunday over at The Tablescaper,
drop by to see all the holiday posts by participating bloggers.


This vintage tablecloth is an example of my favorite kind of Christmas
tablecloth, still filled with holiday spirit, but not the traditional red
and green so often seen.  I use a lot of non-traditional colors for the
holidays to spice up The Little Round Table.



Little gift bags top the cutwork salad plates from Pier 1 last Spring.
Rose contemporary Fiests luncheon plates rest on the olive green chargers from 
Home Goods.  The twisted rope flatware was a great find on the internet.  The amber hobnail tumblers and napkins also came from Home Goods. 









Roses picked in my garden on a chilly December morning.






Vintage Kenilworth Carafe in pink from Homer Laughlin rests
on a 1900s Homer Laughlin Santa plate.



German St. Nicholas from my childhood.



A simple Ball jar with burlap and ribbon nestles a votive candle in
a bed of faux snow.  Epsom salts makes perfect snow!



Here's that Santa plate revealed.



Old and new things dress the kitchen in the Christmas spirit.







Thanks so much for stopping by  again this week.  Check out some of this
month's other holiday tablescapes by clicking on the image below.


15 comments:

  1. Candy, another fun table. Have a great Sunday! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Candy,
    you always have something new and very special for evey tablescape. I love this tablecloth with the pine cones on it and the tumblers are so perfect with it. The rope flatware looks great and your dishes are always stunning. So cute that you have the German St. Nicholas and this wonderful antique Standa plate. As alsways you set the table with love and the result is an eye-candy.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a spectacular tablecloth! I love the greens and pine cones! Your vintage smoker is really neat as is the fun Santa plate-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blog! Every entry is just a feast for the eyes. I am drooling over that kitchen - lucky lady. Thanks for the detailed post of the island transformation. It's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a straw goat I see? I love the non-traditional colors and the Santa plate and elf pitcher. It's so fun that we now count seeing special pieces in each other's collections as part of our Christmas celebration each year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, another fabulous tablescape. I always love to see how you mix and match all the colors together, and all of your accessories are always stunning. Love it all. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto to Marty's comments. You are just so very talented. I could never select-mix and match things the way you do. I love this combination!

    Thank you for the Epsom Salt idea-I'm using that for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candy:

    Such interesting colors for a Christmas scape. Love the vintage santa pieces. Thanks so much for sharing it with Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very attractive, unconventional holiday table. The cutwork salad plates are my favorite. So pretty and I imagine very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Epsom salt: what a wonderful idea for snow! I always enjoy your kitchen. It is so warm and inviting. And your tablescapes so beautiful. I'm in love with that twisted flatware!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your music! So beautiful, Candy! I love the white lace-edged plates. The touch of pink is so pretty! Epsom salt for snow is a great idea!

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your nice comments!

    Epsom salts is a great base for ANY quick center piece .... cover a plate or platter or whatever with a base of the salts and plop in a pretty bauble or ornament! Instant prettiness!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the Christmas table arrangement photos you have posted I have given my an ideal on what to put on my table in Christmas eve.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Christmas table arrangement you have posted is very nice and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you both for stopping by to visit The Little Round Table, I do hope you'll come back often.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails