Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Eve Lunch on The Little Round Table


I'm joining Cindy's Show and Tell Friday over at My Romantic Home

The count down to Christmas has started here in the kitchen where The Little Round Table lives.  I never count down days, just the last 48 hours until the kids and families arrive on Christmas Day.

No fancy lunch around here today, the kitchen is filled with prep areas for cookies and pies, cranberries are simmering on the stove and two dozen eggs have been shelled for deviled eggs.  Over the many years that I have been making these big dinners for Christmas I've worked out a system so that I too can enjoy the pleasures of a day of presents and joy and of grandchildren racing through the house.  In the last couple of years I've refined my system so that I only make the turkey, gravy, stuffing, my special deviled eggs and LOTS of desserts! The rest of the meal depends on the rest of the extended family to work out amongst themselves.  It's a great system!

I'm all set up for lunch tomorrow with this vintage tablecloth topped with bright Fiesta colors that reflect the anticipation I feel with family soon to arrive. Green depression glasses are vintage and the goblets are from Pier 1, flatware from Macy's years ago, napkin rings from Bed Bath Beyond, and my favorite vintage look napkins from battenburglace.com at $24 a dozen. The chargers are acrylic and I've also had those for years and years.

The two little elves came from a holiday store on Watt Ave in Sacramento during the holiday season of 1969.I had a sixth month old on one hip and was on my way to pick up a four year old from preschool.  How time flies.  The little square red ceramic house was a gift from that six month old when she was about 10 years old. Some things old, some things new, they all make up what my family's Christmas means to me.

Please grab a chair and I'll get the wine!

I'll have our Christmas Brunch table up tomorrow for you, so please stop by
again.  And depending on how much chaos there is, I may even show you the 
aftermath on Sunday. :-)






















9 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Candy and I, too, am feeling the time flies twinges. I'll be a g-ma for the first time in April, so I'm looking forward to Christmases with "grands"! Merry Christmas to you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy, your table is darling! How fun to have special memories of the elves and that little red house. It's the sentiment associated with things during the season that give me the most joy. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead. Enjoy your family!
    Thanks for visiting and leaving a thoughtful comment. I appreciate it.
    Merry Christmas to you! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. The candles, stemware, flatware and the metallic accents on the cloth give this table such a nice golden glow...perfect for savoring Christmas memories! Your table is also ready to make new ones, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Such a great time of the year and so many beautiful things to see in blogland. I'll be spending some time after Christmas looking for ideas for next year!

    Merry Christmas,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, so beautiful. First time here and can't resist your lovely decorations. Just beautiful. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now wait a minute! You can cook, too!?! Argggghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Jenny, but of course I cook .... desserts are my favorite food group!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Warm, Colourful and nice christmas!
    Wouahhh!!!
    Frieda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Frieda! Be sure to check out some of the Spring and Easter tablescapes here on The Little Round Table. :-)

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails