Sunday, March 14, 2010

Playing With Spray Paint

check out all the great projects linked this week.


I'm also joining Make Your Monday  over at
Twice Remembered


And It's So Very Creative Monday at It's So Very Cheri

As part of the major cleanup in the garden after our soggy cold and wet winter, I've
been pulling out garden ornaments in need of some attention.  I'm tired of the "rust"
look on many of these plant stands and outdoor thingies, so I got together with
some of my new favorite color of green spray paint.  You may remember that I
began this project back at the turn of the year by redoing an old birdcage.

As often happens I started in with the spray paint and I forgot to get a before shot
of this vintage wash stand with enamel bowl.  But believe me, it was completely
rusted and all it's chippy paint was gone.  At one time this resided in a very
pink girly girly guest room, then moved to the garden for a number of years.

It certainly needed some sprucing up for Spring!
Here it is with its first coat of paint, with some other garden ornaments
waiting in line for their makeover.


I did some thinning in some of the succulent beds and took some clippings from another,
added some potting soil and here is the little wash stand all ready for a summer in the garden.





Next in line was a tea cart and a bird cage ...... more on that for Tea On Tuesday and another project for Saturday Night Special coming up.  Anything stationary is likely to end up green, so
keep on moving and come back to see what goes green next!



11 comments:

  1. My gosh you are just so talented to spot the unique stuff that you fine, love the succulents potted in the basin and i adore the cart, it sure does look different once it is fixed up, I love the look so much....come for a visit and see the rabbits...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy, You are a woman after my own heart! I've spray painted so many garden "thingies" green. I love your wash stand with the succulents and I can't wait to see how you "plant" the tea cart and bird cage. Thanks for the inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those succulents have the perfect new home. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been busy! The succulents look amazing.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the succulents that you planted in your watch me call it.........LOL........and I love the watch a me call it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the happenings at Happenstance are so inspiring...the first roses, new decorative pieces, succulants in pretty pots and on bird houses...keeps me going until our Spring arrives in a month or so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what a can of spray paint can do!!
    Awesome planter!

    Miss Bloomers/Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some wrought iron pieces to paint, so I'd like to know if you sanded and/or primed first? What kind of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love the instant gratification of spray paint!

    Thank you all for stopping by and commenting on my "creative" use of spray paint!! LOL

    SandyS - none of that sanding and priming for these items. All of these things live in the garden, so I don't see the need for all that extra effort. They will soon be covered with pots and vines and such .... I'm going for the rustic look. LOL Inside use would be a different matter, so as not to mar floors/carpets etc.

    The tea cart is now green and was shown in a post today, but is destined for another use by Friday.

    http://happenstancestuffhappens.blogspot.com/2010/03/tea-two-ways.html

    Thanks again everyone!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm jealous...I love all the metal finds! They turned out fabulously!! Spray paint is one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by Sharon!

    Spray Paint = MAGIC

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails