Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sunday Favorites: Green Stripes and A Touch of Fall In The Air

Welcome to another Sunday Favorites over at Happy To Design!

Join everyone for a look back at some of the favorite old posts from the past.
******************
This post was originally published in the Fall of 2009


Weird weather in Northern California the last couple of days ...... from 100F to 68F
and rolling black clouds with a few spits of rain and lightning/thunder.
So humid, reminds me of the midwest prior to a tornado.
So with a touch of Fall in the air here is a vintage cloth with lovely green
stripes and stylized flowers that might be Poinsettias.


Shown with Post 86 Fiesta in Ivory and Shamrock, Deauville flatware,
vintage glassware, small Ivory Apple Tree bowl by HLC.  The salads are
Rosenthal "Helena" handpainted in the US Zone Selb Germany and have
been in my family for about 60 years. The US Zone mark clearly identifies
the date of manufacture 1947 to 1953.  Helena is the shape and it was decorated
in hundreds of patterns and designs.


The little green and yellow butter dish has a cork at one end, which is removed
so the base can be filled with ice water to keep the butter chilled.


The little maroon wooden pitcher is a favorite that I purchased 20 years ago
from  Shaker Shops West  located in the Point Reyes National Seashore
area of Marin county.


10 comments:

  1. I really like this- the linens are the perfect complement to this table!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Candy, you have set a beautiful table scape. I LOVE the green, of course! Everything is so inviting ... what time is dinner, I don't want to be late! Chuckle!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day
    Have a great weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red pitcher, and the butter dish reminds me of a baby's sectioned plate my mom had and you put hot water in the underneath part to keep the food warm. It was light blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butter dish is similar to what I know as a French butter keeper. They are great in the hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty tablescape...love the green. I partcularly like your butter dish. I've never seen one like it but I'd love to have one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mixtures of so many beautiful little items. I especially love the little green creamer. And the butter dish is amazing, how you can fill it with ice water! Beautiful tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by to see this previously posted tablescape from last fall! I do appreciate your comments, as this tablescape received NO notice last fall! LOL No tablescape like to be ignored, just like people.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candy...

    My friend, you always set the prettiest tables! I always enjoy seeing all of your different colors of fiesta and these salad/dessert plates are fabulous! I loved looking at all the different florals on each one! How precious to have this beautiful family treasure! I love, love, LOVE your pretty white and bronze pumpkins too! A beautiful table, Candy...thank you so much for sharing it with us for Sunday Favorites!!!

    Have a super Sunday, my friend!
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Chari! And thanks again for hosting such a great party each Sunday.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails