Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sunday Favorites: I'd Rather Be In Provence

Welcome to another Sunday Favorites over at Happy To Design!

Join everyone for a look back at some of the favorite old posts from the past.
******************
This post was originally published in November of 2009


This vintage cloth appeared here on The Little Round Table before, but this time around I'm pretending I'm in the South of France.  Perennial Marigolds and little baby olives branches from my garden decorate this champagne brunch table.

Nothing better than a late brunch with omelets, a small green or fruit salad, some cheese and fruit and lots of juice and champagne of course. Silver chargers from Tuesday Morning topped by Black Post 86 Fiesta dinner plates, decorative salads from Home Goods, Stainless flatware with forged iron handles, contemporary champagne flutes and juice glasses. Sterling napkin rings by Betsy Gay Hart.




"Apple Tree" bowls are vintage Homer Laughlin in Ivory and Yellow.









9 comments:

  1. Eveything is so exquisite it brings tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes...I am loving this post. Everything...just absolutely perfect and I am so in love with your flatware! Love it ALL, actually.
    This is my first time to play in this meme and I am already having fun...:)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures of the south of France are amazing - - - did you take them yourself, or were they a google find?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - everything is soooooo beautiful. Love your flatware - is that vintage or new? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Candy...

    My friend, you did it...YOU REALLY DID CAPTURE PROVENCE!!! Ohhh Candy, I love this tablescape! The colors, the dishware, the linens...right down to the beautiful floral bouquet...it's sooo perfect! I traveled through Provence 4 years ago and this is it!!! I love, love, LOVE your pretty salad plates done in the black and white with some of the fabulous places in Provence! Gorgeous!!! Ohhh yes, I would just adore a chamapagne brunch at this fabulous table...what time do your serve? Hehe!

    Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous table with us today for Sunday Favorites, my friend! It definitely deserved a second showing!

    Have a super Sunday!
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there once again dear lady,

    This is truly delightful, like 'a breath of fresh air'!~ I feel like I'm in Province!..,

    My oh my! ~ I love those dishes, especially the square ones, as well as the overall tablescape vignette and the fields of lavender!~ And oh , those fabulous flowers with the sprigs of olives!.., Wow!.., Utterly fabulous!

    Do pop by for a visit again my dear!~ I hope you can also join me for my 23rd,'Tuesday Tea For two' tea party once again!..,

    Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all of you for dropping by for a little taste of Provence! I'm so enjoying the Spring like weather and looking forward to more outdoor influences and fresh flowers on my tablescapes!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Candy. You have done it again! An absolutely beautiful table and your photographs are gorgeous! I have to say that I am in LOVE with all of your vintage tablecloths and the way you dress them up is spectacular! I wish I had places near me to find such beautiful tablecloths. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Susan!

    Re: vintage tablecloths
    eBay is your friend

    There are thousands to choose from and many of them are very inexpensive!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails