Friday, March 26, 2010

More Green Paint In The Garden

I'm joining all the crafty types over at Funky Junk Interiors
for this week's installment of Saturday Night Special ......
and it's all about more GREEN PAINT in the garden!

About seven years ago a whole boatload of these infant bath tubs
came in from some Eastern Block country......along with some other
goodies that I'll show you some other time.  My daughter and I each
bought one at the SF Garden Show that year and transported them,
along with a baby, a stroller, plants, and some other large unwieldy
items home in a Cherokee.  It was an adventure akin to the Beverly
Hillbillies on the road!

If you've been following my posts for SNS the past couple of
weeks, you've seen me playing with paint in the garden.  I'm
done with the whole rusty look and now whatever isn't moving
is going GREEN!







Because the tub sits at an angle in the frame AND has a built in
drain (the pipe at the front), there is no need to drill drainage
holes in the tub.  And in a pinch you could empty out the
plantings and even bathe a baby!

Here it is in a former life back in 2004 with sun flowers and giant 
beets in the back.  The chartreuse sweet potato vine eventually
covered a good portion of the patio as it trailed down the sides.


Tune in next week to see what else might go green!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Now the search is on ... that is wonderful!

    Happy Easter ~
    Pop over for our giveaway.

    Have a great weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really belongs at my house! Beautiful! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green and all of your beautiful plantings. Wonderful!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm absolutely lovin' this!!! I can't wait to start getting out and diggin' in my dirt!! Enjoy your weekend ~ Judi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that. WOuld you come to my house with one of those???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charming!! Great combo of plants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, for stopping by and for commenting on my baby bath tub! It is a fun one to do each year and doesn't take a lot of care since it is deep and large! That's important here because it gets soooooo very hot during the summer months.

    Another reason this works so well is that it gets lots of air flow under it and doesn't sit directly on a hard surface where it will absorb heat.

    Can't wait to get at some more planters, once the rain stops that is. We're having another week of Spring rains.

    Happy Easter to all!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails