Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bird Cage Repurposed

It's Metamorphosis Monday!  Join in for inspirational projects and re-makes over at Between Naps On The Porch with our hostess Susan.

This birdcage has been a garden yardifact in two gardens for about the last 10 years.  It originally came from one of the Home Depot Expo Design stores on sale because of some defect that I could never find. :-)



In need of a quickie winter project, I decided to give it a shot of spray paint and bring the outdoors inside.  Hoping some color would bring me a bit of Spring inspiration in the gray days of January here in Northern California.  Right on schedule the sun came out today.  3 cans of spray paint later I have a green birdcage looking for some bling!


And what could its purpose possibly be???
I have not a clue, but it sure was a fun, quick and impossible to
mess up project that took about 2 hours to complete.

I'm guessing its purpose is just to BE and it makes me smile.

Added benefits:
My very curious cat Homer can't get into trouble with the candles.
He has a tendency to want to knock candles over to make me crazier than I am!

Benefit #2 is that it was a chance to test the paint color in the kitchen.
I intend to refinish the butcher block island in this color and I'm
pleased to say I think it will be the perfect color.

Mr. TLRT thought this was truly "for the birds."
Which got me to thinking about all the expressions associated with birds:
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
Isn't that just ducky?
Nice weather for ducks
Sing like a canary
Duck
Swan song
Sing like a bird
Pecking order
Hen parties
Ugly duckling
As the crow flies
Eyes like a hawk
Loony
A bird's eye view
Night owl
Robin's egg blue
Nest egg
To quit cold turkey
She took him under her wing
Birds of a feather flock together
Don't ruffle her feathers
Free as a bird
A little bird told me
The birds and the bees
(Strictly) for the birds
A lame duck
Crestfallen

Who can say why my mind works the way it does??? It still makes me smile!!!




20 comments:

  1. Oh My! Love your birdcase - so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birdcage turned out beautiful. I love that idea. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it better green. How fun and festive! I need one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love that shade of green. Love it's winter home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your birdcage..what a statement it makes. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful ideas.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Candy,
    I have a Fabulous Award for you come by and visit so you can receive it. Follow the direction and pass it on.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous bird cage....and a beautiful kitchen - - what a great space - - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The candles look great in it and what a fabulous bird cage it is! I love that you put the bird on the outside of it : D

    Was just getting ready to click on post and realized that two other people said "fabulous" but I wont change it..because IT IS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you all enjoyed my "flight of fancy". :-)

    It makes such a nice subtle glow when the kitchen is cleaned up and shut down for the evening. Just enough light to sneak a cookie or two!

    Thanks Geri, I appreciate your nice thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. DEAR CANDY,
    YOUR BIRD CAGE IS AWESOME...I LOVE THE COLOR YOU PAINTED IT.
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic job on the birdcage and the basket - and may I say: You have a BEAUTIFUL kitchen! :)
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Gloria, I'm loving this green spray paint!

    I love my kitchen and all the bright light I get, even on dark winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Much obliged to you for your post, I search for such article along time, today i discover it at long last. this post give me loads of exhort it is exceptionally helpful for me
    Cage Heaven | Heavenly homes for your pet at heavenly prices

    ReplyDelete
  15. I discovered such a significant number of fascinating stuff in your blog particularly its talk.
    cinderella solution testimonials

    ReplyDelete
  16. Obesity and stubborn belly fat is a common health issue found today. If you are one among those individuals who have tried everything to burn off excess pounds and felt hopeless, then the Resurge supplement is for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails