Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chicks and Eggs

I'm joing all the foodies over at Designs By Gollum for another Foodie Friday!

Even though it is several weeks away, it is beginning to feel a bit like Easter around
here, with bunnies and chicks and geese appearing on tables, counters and cabinet tops.

This table is all about my desire, no my need to have some chickens of my own.  It's not
going to happen though, the coyotes around here have a major communications network
going and the word gets out very quickly about new buffet opportunities.  So I'll continue
to purchase my eggs and pretend that these are my chickens.

Matching tablecloth and napkins with Post 86 Fiesta in Sunflower, Black and  Pearl Gray.
All ready for an Easter morning breakfast.












Simple devilled eggs, garnish with whatever you prefer.  I used slivered red bell peppers
and chives + garlic chives this time.  Smoked salmon, finely diced Bay shrimp or
crumbled bacon for a real "bacon and eggs" taste.


Basic ingredients are hard boiled eggs sliced lengthwise, yolks mashed with a fork
until all the big lumps are gone.  Diced onion, pickle relish, mustard, freshly
ground pepper, and mayo.  Chill the yolk filling for several hours if possible
to allow the flavors to marry, fill whites, garnish and yum!!



12 comments:

  1. I love your table scape. However I really really love your chicken and rooster table cloth. How gorgeous is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute table, and I love stuffed eggs! Those look so yummy. Thanks for sharing with us how you make them. :-)

    Happy Foodie Friday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy, Your table is lovely. I love the marble eggs and if your tablecloth is ever missing- I have it! Love it!!!!!
    The deviled eggs are a gourmet egg for sure! I love the presentation, and I bet the taste great. Thanks for the wonderful idea.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun scape. I love the tablecloth!
    You are so ready for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy, The table is great and the cloth is outstanding. Your devild eggs look delicious and I am sure they are.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I want that tablecloth, too! And those deviled eggs...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I thought that my wife and I were the only ones that had this obsession for Fiesta ware. We have a set of all the colors. So when I have dinner with or without guess, I have to match the plates to match all the food that will be on the plate... and then comes desserts! And the whole thing again... Everyone makes fun of me about that, but hey, it's fun, and it keeps my brain upstairs. You have a follower now. Please keep up the great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely table and the the eggs looks divine.
    http://cookandbaking.com/?p=681

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for stopping by...it is such a cute tablecloth and I have the same cloth in an oblong size too, so it may be appearing again sometime on The Little "Oblong" table. :-)

    I see these colored egg plates everywhere now and in different shapes too. Mine came from Walgreen's a dozen or so years ago for $1!

    See you all this coming week with some more Easter/Spring inspired 'scapes!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails