Thursday, June 10, 2010

Please Have A Muffin

Tabletop Tuesday is hosted by Marty over at A Stroll Through Life,
hope to see you there!


I'm joining Show and Tell Friday over at Cindy's My Romantic Home, come join the party!

It's time for a mid-morning break for some tea and muffins.
These two vintage  covered muffin plates are by Homer Laughlin
and they really do keep your muffins warm while you decide whether
to have just plain butter curls or perhaps some Orange blossom honey
or homemade apricot jam would be more to your liking.


The pot holds green tea and there is sugar, lemon and milk to add if you like.
The pot came from Home Goods, while the other tea pieces are my Rosenthal
wedding china.



This sweet flowered covered muffin plate in Homer Laughlin Swing Eggshell.
Made in May 1941 in the #5 Newell, WV plant.


The green covered muffin plate is also from Homer Laughlin and it was
done in the Wells Art glaze.




This little painted tray is from Pier 1.
The minitature roses are from my garden and have no name. They came from 
Safeway in a 4" pot about 15 years ago.  The honey is in another Rosenthal bowl,
while the jam and butter are on vintage "The Angelus" pieces by Homer Laughlin
from the early 1900s.




I think it's time for a muffin.




Thanks for coming by for a mid-morning break and joining me for
Show and Tell Friday.


14 comments:

  1. Love the potery...I collect Bauer. Your Swing Eggshell must be rare...I've not even seen it in a guide book. It is beautiful. I have a couple pieces of Fiesta and one "Tree of Life" bowl. Have you tried Zen from Tazo tea, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have set a welcoming table, I want to sit down and join you. I have never seen, or heard, of a covered muffin plate. Very interesting!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet table setting> I've never even heard of Muffin plate, now I need to find one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the swing pottery too. You set the table so sweet..would love to stay for a bite of muffin..looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmm good muffins, I'm happy you could all stop by for just a bite! And thank you for your sweet comments.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming table full of pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very, very lovely! I love those covered plates :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candy! Can I just come over? I won't eat much. I'll just sit and look and admire your perfectly beautifully set tea table! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies for coming by! Plenty of muffins left so please do have one!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful pieces you have. Love that yellow and white piece. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty table and inviting food. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. I love all of your dishes, everything is just stunning. I don't know about muffin plates, but what a fabulous idea. Looks so yummy. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so crafty and clever! Such a wonderful collection. I adore the green dish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'll have to stock up on muffins to send out ..... everyone needs a covered muffin plate!

    Thanks for stopping by everyone!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails