Thursday, June 10, 2010

Basil Bounty

I'm joining all the hungry people over at Designs By Gollum for another episode of Foodie Friday.
Bring your favorite recipes or food to share!

A great book with ideas for using the over abundance of herbs from your garden is
Flavored Oils: 50 Recipes for Cooking with Infused Oils by Michael Chiarello 



Balsamic Basil Vinaigrette

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
2 tsp finely chopped scallions (include some of the green tops)
or you can use shallots
1 cup basil-infused olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Whisk together vinegar, garlic and onions in a small bowl. Whisk
in basil oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keeps up to
four days refrigerated in a tightly sealed container.




Thanks for coming by and I hope to see you again next week
with our hostess Michael Lee for another Foodie Friday.

12 comments:

  1. This looks great, love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have basil in my garden right now, so I may have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had herb gardens for awhile but have never done anything with them except dry them. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is like speaking my love language. Flavored oils and basil tow things I LOVE to cook with. Wonderful post, so informative and such pretty pictures.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your basil is GORGEOUS!! I love fresh herbs from the garden.....some of the best parts of summer!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. i always love fresh from the garden~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to all of you for stopping by to smell the basil and for your nice comments! It's almost as good as a bouquet of roses. LOL

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails