Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This Week In My Garden - May 24, 2011 A Linky Party

Welcome to an experiment in gardening!
I'm hoping all of you will join in this weekly Linky Party and
show off your garden and how it grows.

You are invited to join me each Tuesday afternoon to stroll through
the gardens of Blogland. Show us a single image or three or twenty
or write about your garden tips or experiences.
This week I'm highlighting a few more of my roses.

'Old Master'
 Red blend (hand colored red with white eye, yellow stamens, white stripes and a whitish reverse). Modern Cluster Flowered Floribunda, Hybridizer/Date: McGredy IV, New Zealand (Maxi x Evelyn Fison) x (Orange Sweetheart x Fruhlingsmorgen) Mild fragrance. Royal National Rose Society Trial Ground Certificate 1973

'Octoberfest'
Blended autumnal colors, Tall/Upright, Large, double. Petal Count: 35, Fragrance: Moderate fruity. Colors brighten in cool weather.

'Michelangelo'
Old-fashioned yellow blooms against dark green foliage make for great contrast. Great for cutting. Blooms are medium-sized and lightly fragranced. Blooms in flushes continuously and is heat tolerant.

Lowes no name

'Bolero'
Floribunda. White or white blend. Strong fragrance. Large, very full (41+ petals), in small clusters bloom form. Blooms in flushes throughout the season. Medium, spreading. Large, glossy, dark green foliage. Height of 3' to 4' (90 to 120 cm). USDA zone 6b through 9b

'Anne Harkness'
Floribunda apricot blend, slight fragrance, blooms throughout season, bred by Harkness 1979
Parentage: [Bobby Dazlzler x {(Manx Queen x Prima Ballerina) x (Chanelle x Piccadilly)]}

'Brigadoon'
Hybrid Tea Rose, Warriner, USA 1991 seedling x Pristine, Strong fragrance, Pink blend (Dark pink edges light pink and yellow center) All America Rose Selection 1992

'Hannah Gordon'
Floribunda, pink blend, slight fragrance, blooms throughout the season, bred by Kordes,

'Jeri Jennings'
Hybrid Musk, Arching, Yellow Blend, Very Fully Double, 4-5 Feet, Hybridizer: Paul Barden

'Julia Child'
Floribunda rose, 2005 All-America Rose Selection winner, clusters of 3 1/2-inch flowers, spicy licorice scent,. Zone 4(with protection) - 9


Thanks so much for stopping by to stroll the gardens with me!

This Week In My Garden - Linky Party
Easy peasy rules:
Link back to The Little Round Table within your post.

Enter a permalink to your specific post, not your general blog URL. Advanced linking options requiring that both of these rules be followed will be in place.  If you have ANY problems with this new feature from inlinkz, please just let me know. I will be leaving the original linky collection open and allowing it to build each week. 
Links from May 10th - #1 - #13
Links from May 17th - #14 - #26

27 comments:

  1. Your roses are beautiful Candy! A lot of flowers are getting beaten up because of all the rain here:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came in for a break from planting two new roses and after seeing your post...oh my there are definately a couple more that I need! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do not make ugly roses. You have proven that today with this simply gorgeous post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Candy, this is such a good idea for a blog party! I will try to join next week. Your flowers are beautiful as are your photos. I especially like the yellow Jeri Jennings. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous! I love the Bolero roses....so old-fashioned looking! Thanks so much for sharing! I have more lawn than garden, LOL! My husband babies our grass...it is a special kind of Zoysia that is alike a putting green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love! With Hannah Gordon and Jeri Jennings, even they are all so breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post and great party idea!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning!You have so many different varieties and they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! ! These photos are all from your garden and the links.....I'm speechless. The light you captured on the yellow roses is divine! What a beautiful garden Candy!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Two houses back I had 50 roses in all varieties. Now - none! BUT I just treated myself to one of my very favorites - a Mr Lincoln Rose bush. Can't wait to smell those scentsational blooms in my landscaping designs. Thank you for sharing these lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roses and more roses oh my goodness your garden must be close to heaven itself. I can almost smell each rose from here. How glorious!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just breathtaking, I have to find that Julia Child!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello candy,
    you have such beautiful roses. Thank you for sharing.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning everyone!

    Thanks so much for all your sweet comments! Supposed to be another nice day here in California, so I can't wait to get back out into the garden.

    Thanks so much for coming to the party,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great variety, Candy! My favorite is Octoberfest. Do you know how many total varieties of roses you have in Happenstance?

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. The "anonymous" comment was from Daphne. Blogger won't recognize me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Daphne! I haven't counted lately, but I think a few over 100. :-)

    More roses and other things next week, see ya'll then!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Amazing roses! I bet they smell divine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They do Ann! Thanks so much for dropping by the garden, hope to see you next week.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Underbara rosor! De flesta är nya för mig. Alltså inte kända där jag bor. Min favorit blev Bolero! Spännande med detta tema. Att ha förmånen att kunna titta in i trädgårdar lite varstans i världen. Cybervärlden gör nya möten möjliga. Önskar dig en trevlig helg! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  21. so exquisite! i meant to remember the name of my favorite but as i scrolled down, i found more and more favorites and i lost track. :) so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you both for coming by the garden and for your lovely comments. :) See you next week I hope.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Barb, stop by again later today for more roses from the garden!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails