Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mixing It Up For May and Misnomers


Today's tablescape is a mix of the old with the new from several vintage lines paired with contemporary Fiesta. More details at the end of today's post.




1942 Wholesale Catalog Ad
showing a couple of vintage promotional items used in today's tablescape.
1944 Wholesale Catalog Ad again showing the cream and sugar set and the French covered casserole used for today's mixed setting.


















ON THE TABLE - all links lead to more detailed information on the elements
Vintage tablecloth from my collection - Tablecloth Database
Place settings are a mix of vintage and contemporary Fiesta dinnerware. The small fruit bowl is Turquoise vintage.  Did you know that "Fiestaware" is a misnomer?  Used correctly it is Fiesta dinnerware or tableware or Fiesta plates, bowls, etc.
Vintage Fiesta cream and sugar shown in the above vintage ads.  You can see hundreds of vintage ads, mostly related to Homer Laughlin dinnerware over on my blog entitled The Pottery Papers
Flatware, napkins - Home Goods
Tumblers - Target
Napkin Rings - Bed Bath Beyond
Decorative mushrooms - Pier 1
Vintage salt and pepper Shmoos (that's shmoos, not "schmoos") by Eva Zeisel
Vintage Metlox "Spiral" candleholders from the Poppy Trail line of dinnerware
Vintage deco bud vase, maker unknown
ON THE SIDEBOARD
Vintage green mixing bowls from my collection
Turquoise carafe is from the vintage line "Kenilworth" by Homer Laughlin
Covered Jam Jars are contemporary Fiesta
Homer Laughlin vintage "Harlequin" ball jug
Homer Laughlin vintage "Rhythm" gravy sitting on a stack of Homer Laughlin "Carnival" plates
Vintage Fiesta Yellow French Casserole shown in the above ads; very rare in vintage Cobalt Blue
Vintage turquoise one piece divided relish - maker unknown

Thanks so much for stopping in here at TLRT again this week!

I'm joining:

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous colours, I really liked the cutlery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mixing it up indeed! So much great info in this post. I love the color combos on the table and sideboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous color combination. Then again, anything close to turquoise or aqua always catches my eye. Those are the colors in my kitchen, but instead of the aqua I have lime green (lime green, yellow, and orange). I've been tempted to add the aqua as well because they all look so beautiful and cheerful together. Delightful tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an attractive color scheme, beautiful job. And I love those mushroom decorations!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to mix the old with the new! The mushrooms are adorable and add that perfect whimsical touch.

    Thanks for joining my Birthday Party at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun and happy looking and so much going on! Thank you for sharing once again on Masterpiece Monday, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright cheery colors and the flatware is perfect too. The mushrooms are fabulous. Another gorgeous tablescape and stunning dishes. Thanks in advance for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful spring colors...and the roses are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Candy, I always leave here with a smile on my face and today is no exception. I LOVE the colors here -- so bright and cheerful! And those toadstools are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything about this table is a delight. Such colors and the pulling together of complementary items...love the touches of whimsy and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha--I never knew what a shmoo was!! Even treasury bonds!! Love these pretty, happy colors. I always learn something new here! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Love it! Love it! What a colorful cute table! I mentioned you today on my blog post!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for stopping by here at TLRT! And I'm so pleased that you enjoyed this explosion of color too. :-)

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOOOOWW... Seriously this is so fabulous. I haven't been here in a while. I love how you decorate. You have so much skill at putting the looks together! Lovely, I'm digging the white candlestick holder that wraps around the candle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by again to visit TLRT, so glad you enjoyed this table.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails