Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This Week In My Garden - May 17, 2011 A Linky Party


Welcome to an experiment in gardening!
I'm hoping all of you will join in this weekly Linky Party and
show off your garden and how it grows.

You are invited to join me each Tuesday afternoon to stroll through
the gardens of Blogland. Show us a single image or three or twenty
or write about your garden tips or experiences.
This week I'm highlighting a few more of my roses that are in the midst
of their first flush. This series of images was taken just after dawn.

'Florence Delattre'
Shrub. Generosa® [Guillot]. Mauve or purple blend. Strong, spice fragrance. Double (17-25 petals), old-fashioned bloom form. Occasional repeat later in the season. USDA zone 5b through 10b. Height of 32" to 5' (80 to 150 cm). Width of up to 4' (up to 120 cm). Dominique Massad (1991).

'Fragrant Hour'
Hybrid Tea / Large-Flowered. Orange-pink. Flowers bronze-pink. Strong fragrance. Full (26-40 petals), high-centered bloom form. Blooms in flushes throughout the season. USDA zone 6b and warmer. Samuel Darragh McGredy IV (1973).

'Graham Thomas'
English Rose [David Austin], Shrub. Deep yellow. Strong, tea fragrance. Blooms in flushes throughout the season. USDA zone 5b through 10b. Height of 5' to 10' (150 to 305 cm). Width of 4¼' to 8' (130 to 245 cm). David Austin (1983).

'Rainbow Sorbet'
Floribunda. Deep pink, yellow edges. None to mild, sweet fragrance. Continuous (perpetual) bloom throughout the season. USDA zone 6b through 9b (default). Height of 4' to 5' (120 to 150 cm). Ping Lim (2006).

'Popcorn' - miniature
Miniature. White or white blend. Honey fragrance. Blooms in flushes throughout the season. USDA zone 5b through 10b. Height of 10" to 2' (25 to 60 cm). Width of 2' (60 cm). Dr. Dennison H. Morey (1973).

'Playboy'
Floribunda / Cluster Flowered. Yellow and red, red edges. Mild fragrance. Semi-double (9-16 petals) bloom form. Blooms in flushes throughout the season. USDA zone 6b and warmer. Height of 30" to 4' (75 to 120 cm). Width of 26" to 4' (65 to 120 cm). Alexander M. (Alec) Cocker (1976).

'Perfect Moment'
Hybrid Tea. Red, yellow reverse, red edges, yellow undertones. Mild, fruity fragrance. Large, full (26-40 petals), borne mostly solitary, cluster-flowered, in small clusters, exhibition, high-centered, pinpoint centers bloom form. Blooms in flushes throughout the season. USDA zone 7b and warmer. Height of 4' to 5½' (120 to 165 cm). Width of 30" to 4' (75 to 120 cm). Wilhelm Kordes III (b. 1953) (1989).

'Peachblow'
Hybrid Tea. Registration name: Peachblow Bred by L.B. Coddington (United States, 1942).Light pink. Strong fragrance. Blooms in flushes throughout the season. USDA zone 6b through 9bMadame Butterfly × Seedling

'Paintbrush'
This is an antique rose that came from The Uncommon Rose in Corvallis, OR,
which is now closed.
Thanks so much for stopping by to stroll the gardens with me!


This Week In My Garden - Linky Party
Easy peasy rules:
Link back to The Little Round Table within your post.

Enter a permalink to your specific post, not your general blog URL. Advanced linking options requiring that both of these rules be followed will be in place.  If you have ANY problems with this new feature from inlinkz, please just let me know. I will be leaving the original linky collection open and allowing it to build each week. To help you find your place the links from May 10th are #1 - #13

18 comments:

  1. Your roses are extraordinary--sooooo beautiful. Your photos of them are excellent too. Mickie :) I'll do "This Week In My Garden" sometime soon. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great range of colors in the rose blooms...kinda like the color range of Fiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses make me wish the computer screen was "scratch n sniff"! I especially love the antique roses... Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful roses...some of these I have, Graham Thomas, Popcorn but the one I see here that I would love to have too is Paintbrush...so lovely! Such pretty pictures. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting the glorious flower linky party! Can't wait to visit and see the beauty others are sharing this week!

    Mary @ Redo 101

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning array of roses you have. I enjoyed seeing them so much. I loved them all, but Florence is a blue beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Candy! Oh, what gorgeous roses. Those lavender roses are so pretty - you should print these out and frame them.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm drooling over your roses! I just planted my first rosebush ever! Hoping for lots of sweet scented blooms. More bushes to follow. Nancy H

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Rainbow Sorbet is luscious!

    DID SOMEONE MENTION SCARLET?

    Did someone mention scarlet
    Or was it red I heard?
    Perhaps it was a varlet
    Or a vermilion bird
    That shouted out the color
    That’s dearest to my heart.
    (It makes me feel much duller
    If red is not a part.)


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Just a Spot of Red

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I bet it smells fragrant in your yard! Lovely photos! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful and your photographs are amazing! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your beautiful rose collection is awesome. I cannot imagine having so many varieties. A beautiful post with sow impressive macro shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what gorgeous flowers! Roses are my favorites and this was such a delightful treat! Thank you! It's been so cold and rainy, my senior mom and I are way behind on our gardening projects. But she has started some sunflowers and plants in the garage - and sooooooonnnnn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous roses. I'll be sure to link back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you take these rose petals and make potpourri? You sure have a green thumb. I'm impressed. See you next week.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning everyone! And it is a good morning here in Northern California .... we have sunshine again after several days of unseasonable rain.

    Joyce, I haven't made potpourri since we moved to this house, but did in the old garden.

    I do hope you will all stop back again next week for more garden views. Thanks so much for all your generouse comments.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails