Saturday, May 7, 2011

Before I Was A Mom

I'm joining Chari's Sunday Favorites at Happy To Design
***********
Originally published May 9, 2010


Before I was a Mom -
I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got into bed. I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a Mom -
I cleaned my house each day. I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never been puked on - Pooped on - Spit on - Chewed on, or Peed on. I had complete control of my mind and My thoughts. I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom -
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests...or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.


Before I was a Mom -
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life
so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom -
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.



My kids are 46 and 42, but I'm still their "Mom"


I'm joining:

15 comments:

  1. Amen, Candy! Beautifully put & Soooo true!

    ♥ your music, BTW! Most of them I turn off immediately but not this time. I think I'll leave your page open all evening just so I can listen. Thanks for sharing.

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a mom is certainly magical and challenging at one and the same time! Happy Mom's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so true - no matter how old they get...still our babies! xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, I hope your Mother's Day was a pleasurable as mine was!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sentiments and oh so true. There is nothing like being a mom! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tears in my eyes. You have reminded me of so many precious moments in my years of Motherhood. Our daughters are 35 & 31. My mother is 90 & the roles are reversed. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was beautiful, thanks for sharing and hope you have a glorious day!!! hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post, Candy. I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love your vintage tablecloths. The pops of pink inspire. Thanks for your continued creativity. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your sweet comments, stop back again tomorrow and join in the garden tour linky party!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...I am so glad that we get to have it all..being a mom! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Candy...

    Sooo true, my friend! I couldn't have said it better! Thanks so much for sharing this sweet post with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party this week! I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks ladies! Being a Mom is the best "job" in the world. :-)

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails