Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lazy Lunch On A Lilypad

I'm reposting this tablescape from another time here on The Little Round Table to play along over

This week's color is BLUE!


This vintage Wilendur tablecloth features lotsa lily pads for frogs and such to laze about on, while the dragon flies flit from place to place. Shown with Periwinkle, Chartreuse and Cinnabar Post 86 Fiesta, Vintage Fiesta advertising mug blanks with various colors on the interiors and vintage glassware that was used for the Fiesta Ensemble sets.  The vintage decalled pitcher is Homer Laughlin, one of six different frog decorations done in the early 1900s.





The fish plate is a Chicken of the Sea vintage promotional piece, along with the fish casseroles in their metal frames and the salt and pepper shakers. The little turquoise vintage vase holds Equisetum hyemale - Rough Horsetail and Typha laxmannii - Graceful Cattail, Narrow-leaved European Cattail from the garden.






The wooden carved frog is a noisemaker that I purchased at the San Francisco Flower & Garden Show a number of years ago.  It really does a great "Rrribbit" when you run the rod he is holding over the ridges on his back.



Flatware is Deauville, napkins, candle holders and napkin holders are contemporary.


Here are two small plates also from HLC that have the frog decals.


21 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite table so far! I love seeing the COS dishes with the frogs, dragonflies and lily pads. The table really evokes a pond.

    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Daphne!

    Glad you stopped by and I think this is one of my favorites too! I was going to set it up down by the koi pond, but the wind was up and I wasn't in the mood for "flying" fish or dishes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soooooooooo coooooooooooool. The frog on the cup reminds me of the story books for children called, Toad and Frog. I love those fish casserols--wow so unique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi nannykim!

    I read those books as a kid too, they were favorites. I've added a couple additional images to the post showing the decal treatment on a couple of small plates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fish! What fun! The table looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love the vintage table cloth ... it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so beautiful, yet whimsical at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminded me of Wind in the willows thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightfully whimsical table! I adore those frog pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those frog pieces! Great blue post & great blog too!

    Happy Rainbow Blue,

    LOLA:)

    btw My Rainbow Blue link is here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful table! I absolutely LOVE those individual fish casseroles. Totally unique and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still love this tablescape after not using the cloth since last September! Need to get it out again and play with my dishes!

    Thank you all for your lovely comments, I do so appreciate you stopping by!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great table with those whimsical plates!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Candy, all of your tables rate highly in my book, but this one seems to soar to the very top. Love the frog pieces and the vintage fish casseroles in the metal frames. Each of these are full of charm and are new to me. Were the little fish casseroles promotional pieces? They are truly wonderful!
    Love the blue on this textile as well. Great post for BLUE~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Sarah!

    The fish casseroles were promotional items from Chicken of the Sea. NOT made by Homer Laughlin and NOT Fiesta ..... the actual maker of these bakers has yet to be fully documented, but it is thought that several California potteries may have been involved.

    There are additional images of the bakers and one of the multiple pieces of ephemera about them at the following link:
    http://happenstancestuffhappens.blogspot.com/2010/07/silvery-sunday-vintage-racks.html

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that vintage tablecloth...lovely place settings...Peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great table setting. I really like the way you used the vintage tablecloth and then used vintage and modern day accessories. Everything went so well together. Those little fish casseroles are something I've never seen before. The frog on the lawn chair is adorable. You have cattails growing in your garden? How neat is that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a truly delicious link to Rainbow Summer Schools color blue!

    Those fish casserole are so unusual. The coloring is lovely. The tablescape is lovely.

    Heck, this whole darn posted is lovely.

    Thank you for linking.

    I really enjoyed my charming stop here today.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Betty and Jenny!

    Betty - cat tails, yep growing in the garden, but they do come up just about where ever they please!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails