Sunday, August 22, 2010

Favorite Project of All Time - Saturday Night Special

I'm joining up with everyone over at Funky Junk Interiors for my Favorite Project of All Time

The project began in September of 2004 and the first stages were completed in October 2006.
This project continues to evolve as time goes on.

First came a piece of ground, it was my field of dreams.



Next came the planning ....... I went through reams of paper and a box of mechanical pencils.
Those designs morphed into this, My Favorite Project of All Time.

Front Views



Rear Views


Not impressed???? Well it did look kind of like a kid's school project, but the final result
of my vision turned out just as I had hoped.  No I didn't BUILD the final result, but I did
pick out the builder. :-)

These images were taken in 2007. The garden has grown and you can see more recent
images of the house and garden here on The Little Round Table sidebar and over at
the Happenstance Garden blog, where there are lots more pictures of the actual building
process and developing the garden.
Front Views



Rear View

Back Garden View

Front Entry Gate

We cast and built balustrades for all the patios in 2008


It's an ever evolving project and it sits on my field of dreams.

10 comments:

  1. Ah ha....finally! I always wanted to see a full view of your home. I saw an outside shot of the back in your kitchen post recently. Wow that is awesome...I draw out my ideas as well. I love that you have your model! Sadly its 3 a.m. and I had to visit your kitchen before I try and get a few minutes of sleep. The baby literally wakes up 5 minutes after I get into the bed. lol Thanks for sharing your field of dreams!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Wow! Your home is so gorgeous! I should not be so surprised as your kitchen is fabulous, but the outside is just stunning. Your field of dreams is incredible too. The land all around you in these photos is dreamy! So neat to build a small model of your home first. We built our old home and I drew up the plans myself and then worked with an architect to put it into a builders plan. I understand completely the joy of having your vision come to reality. Yours is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy,
    What a wonderful story and such fabulous photographs. The pride that you have in your home shows through. It's so nice to see the exterior since we've seen so much of your interior.
    Thank your for sharing with us all.
    ´*•.¸(´*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
    ♥•.*.Thank you.*.•♥
    ♥•.*.from Vicki.*.•♥
    ¸.•*´(¸.•*´♥´*•.¸)´*•.¸

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candy, I could move into your home and feel as if I had lived there all my life. I absolutely love IT and the GARDENS! You truly have a gift and to see your visions come to fruition must be the most gratifying experience. Thank you for being so kind as to share all of this beauty with us.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH it is absolutely stunning. I love the architecture and your gardens are fabulous. Everything about it is wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is fabulous you did a wonderful job. No wonder it is your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candy, you created a marvelous home both inside and out. The view, the gardens, the structure, the furnishings ~ all incredible ambiance that I'd savor every minute if I lived in such a dreamy spot. Thanks for sharing this project. You did a remarkable job! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candy your home is absolutely fabulous and you should be very proud! You have a wonderful sense of style and it shows in your home, garden and tablescapes. Thank you for sharing, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing to see your vision come to life! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My vision didn't include seeing how difficult it would be to keep the windows out here in the windy countryside!! My vision is a bit blurry right now because I have been blogging and not washing windows!

    I ran across the images of the model a few weeks ago and laughed out loud!! Amazing that our architect could figure out where I was going from something that crude. LOL

    Thanks for stopping by to see my field of dreams!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails