Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sunday Favorites: I So Much Want To Like .......

I'm reposting this for Chari's Sunday Favorites over at Happy To Design. Come join the fun!
*********
 I So Much Want To Like  ....... Coffee!!!



Today's tablescape is all about coffee beans and the heady aroma my kitchen is filled with.
I so much want to like coffee!  I love the smell, I love the idea, I love the ritual and
the passion people show for their favorite beverage.  Just can't get it past my taste buds,
although I used to drink a cup occasionally back in my youth just to be sociable.
Eeewwww in my mouth,  even dosed with lots of cream and sugar.

Who doesn't remember these coffee ad names, tag lines and situations from the past?

1. Good to the Last Drop.
2. Everything you love about coffee.
3. We’ve secretly replaced the coffee with…
4. Mrs. Olsen
5. Celebrate the moments of your life.
6. The best part of waking up (extra credit if you can hum the jingle)
7. Our House
8. Fill it to the rim.
9. Cora
10. Juan Valdez

Ahhh yes, Juan Valdez ...... that's what all this has been leading up to.  I do so much want
to like the pure 100% Colombian coffee that Juan hand picks and brings down the
mountain side with his little burro. Here's a vintage Vera tablecloth covered in
coffee beans and even Juan and his burro with their latest load of beans.





The chargers are Italian glass, white "Medallion" dinner plates are Rosenthal,
decorative salad plates from Home Goods, Pier 1 stemware.


The black fruit bowls are Post 86 Fiesta.






Vintage Antique Gold Fiesta included the Marmalade, small platter and large salad bowl.




And two alternative napkins that could easily work with this tablescape.



If you are a coffee lover, please take a sip for me and enjoy!!
I think I'll just stick with a big bowl of coffee ice cream.

17 comments:

  1. Is Folgers in your cup...Ok Candy what did I win girl...Oh just ship the whole table to me and we'll call it even ha ha!!
    Love all your wonderful dishes my friend and the way you always put them together is great...Hope you have a GREAT weekend my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria is right, it"s Is Folgers in YOur cup and yes I can hum it too and even sing it. Love your table. Everything is wonderful and I do love a good cup of coffee. Great table. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't like coffee! Oh, your poor deprived taste buds...

    But you certainly have excellent taste in coffee themed table settings. I love the Vera tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I love my little slice of heaven time, early in the morning, all is quiet, it's me and my coffee. I did not like coffee, it was a taste that I grew to enjoy. I have lots of cream and sugar too, it's delicious. I love my morning ritual. I have to say, your table setting is just to die for~ I love each and every detail and I like the golds and the blacks together. So classy!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy I know exactly what you mean...I like the smell...I like hot when it's cold outside...but I never could develop a taste for the stuff. I don't even like coffee flavored anything. I'll stick to tea, please. Tea cup are prettier than coffee mugs. ;-)
    You set a wonderful table to honor the "idea" of coffee. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned to drink coffee while working/traveling, one of our pilots taught me to put chocolate and French Vanilla Creamer in it. The only way I could drink it. lol Did so many years! Now home, I go with a glass of iced Tea or a cup of hot tea. Love the dishes, the Vera tablecloth is wonderful! This was such a great post! My husband loves his coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did all this for coffee and you don't even LIKE coffee???

    I remember nearly ALL of those coffee commercial one-liners. Do you remember those "Taster's Choice" commercials where the guy is using the coffee as an excuse to "make time" with the cute new neighbor girl in the apartment complex?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candy, glad you shared this one again. It's splendid! I'm definitely one of those coffee lovers, but I'll take a bowl of coffee ice cream too. LOL
    Beautiful linens and dishes as always. ~ Sarah
    PS.
    Received the check today. Thank you very much! I'll let you know when there's something new on my table. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Candy! Oh, I can sing that jingle too! I'm just like you - I love to see and smell coffee but it just tastes awful to me! I can't even eat anything with 'mocha' in it! Yuck!
    Well, your table is adorable as usual. Love little Juan Valdez and his donkey.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We live on coffee here! The pot is always on, so I can appreciate this post! Gorgeous table!! Love the linens and all the plates especially! Beautiful colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want the extra credit. "The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup". Uh-oh...I bet I won't be able to get that out of my head for the rest of the week...lol. I love coffee. It's strange that you like coffee ice cream but not coffee. I like coffee but not coffee ice cream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great table - I'm reading this and sipping my Starbucks Gold Coast Blend - love it, and your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Add me to the list of NON-Coffee drinkers! YUCK! Now tea, I could drink all day, hot tea in the morning and sweet tea (for non-southerners, that's iced tea with a lot of sugar) during the day. I don't think I have ever seen Gold Fiesta, well at least not that color, very pretty! Have a great week Candy, Blessings, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Juan and appreciate the beans he brings me..:)
    absolutely lovely table setting.. I enjoyed your post very much and will be returning to see your next...

    happy Sunday
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you. Love the smell, but hate the taste. I love this table too. You come up with the best tables!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Candy...

    What a beautiful table, my friend! I love your table linens...you just have sooo many pretty Vera tablecloths...love the colors of this one! I also really like your salad plates...they really are perfect for this table and very "autumn like" as well! Juan and his coffee bean laden burro is adorable! Love it!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful "Coffee" tablescape with us! I must tell you...I am an avid coffee drinker! I can't get my day started without that yummy brew! Hehe!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by for a 'cuppa! LOL

    Keetha - I do remember the Taster's Choice commercials with the continueing storyline! I wonder if those two ever got together???

    Nan - check out the link to the vintage Fiesta database on the sidebar! Probably some of the other colors from the 50s and 60s you haven't seen. They aren't as well known as the primary colors people generally think of when bringing vintage Fiesta to mind.

    Thanks again for coming by and I hope to see you all again very soon!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails