Monday, August 23, 2010

First Glimpse of Fall, As The Sun Sets on the Amber Forest Floor

I'm joining Marty our lovely hostess over at A Stroll Through Life for another
edition of Tabletop Tuesday.  Come bring your tabletop creations and join the party!

Paprika Mushrooms - Edit 8/26/10 that was the original title of this post,
but my readers came up with some better suggestions!

I'm about all tapped out in the creative "name this post" department after the week long frenzy of the TLRT first anniversary.  The tablecloth is stylized flowers in muted colors (it's in the Tablecloth Database ) that has kind of a deco look to it, but about the only distinctive thing on the table is the little set of salt and pepper shakers I picked up last year on Etsy. And the newest Post86 Fiesta dinnerware color ..... Paprika!

So that's what I'm calling this tablescape. It has a bit of a Fall feel to it .... but could easily be a reflection of this hot dry time of year here in Northern California.  The native grasses are tinder dry and many plants are resting until the cooler days come around in a few weeks.

Can you come up with a better name for this tablescape???



Post 86 Fiesta in Ivory, Paprika and Pearl Gray, stemware, napkin rings and napkins
from Pier 1, tumblers from Home Goods, flatware from Macy's, and the large bowl and
disc pitcher are vintage. The disc pitcher is vintage Yellow Fiesta, while the large bowl
is done in Antique Gold for the Ironstone line of Fiesta done from 1967-1972.




















Thanks for coming by again this week for Tabletop Tuesday.
I'll be back with another tablescape on Thursday for BNOTP and Tablescape Thursday.

11 comments:

  1. Oh I just love all of these colors. You always show such beautiful colored dishes, but the oranges, golds, greens and yellows are my current passion. I have gone orange crazy. Love your glass chargers. They are stunning. As usual you have another fabulous tablecloth too. Beautifully done. Love it. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always, candy!! I especially love the chargers...any info on those? Your tablecloths and Fiesta are to die for and I thank you for inspiring me to go on and begin my collections, albeit a decade or two later than I had planned! Thanks for always sharing your beautiful tables, garden and home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about "The Sun Sets on Summer". Love the amber glassware, and the mushrooms are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so pretty. Truly a fall inspiration! I can't even describe my favorite part, but I do love the amber glasses. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cloth and the mushroom shakers give it a forest floor feeling...how about Amber Forest? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tablecloth is amazing! I love the whimsy the polka dotted napkins add to the table. The colors can almost make me feel the cool fall air!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The colors are so rich and beautiful! Love the touch of fall. Your tablecloth is gorgeous too. All the colored glass is vibrant... just love it. Thanks for putting this together! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that tablecloth. How about "First Glimpse of Fall"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Candy..I think this is my fav table yet! I use these colors all year long. I have never seen those amber hobnail glasses..they are perfect. Your tablecloths amaze me.
    How about Summers Last Blast for a title.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Candy, I love your table setting, it's awesome and all of your treasures would look great with my California pottery! Your paprika mushrooms are just adorable and so are your polka dot napkins! I am truly in awe of all of your fabulous tablescapes, they are all, grand!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning everyone! Thanks for all your lovely comments on this tablescape!

    Susan, the glass chargers came from Tuesday Morning for $1 each!

    Melody, the hobnail glasses came fromHome Goods!

    "First Glimpse of Fall, As The Sun Sets on the Amber Forest Floor" Lets see if it fits the space available!

    Candy

    Perfect title for this table:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails