Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Psychedelic Butterflies

I'm joining all the other tablescapers over at Between Naps On The Porch
again this week for Susan's wonderful Tablescape Thursday party!

Some of you may remember a tablescape entitled Spring Chickens and Vera's Butterflies ,
which appeared here on The Little Round Table back on February 17. 2010.
At this posting it is the 2nd most popular tablescape (based on the number of visitors
to the post) ever posted here on TLRT. Just FYI the most visited tablescape is my

In case you don't remember the table setting, here's a reminder.
 

Many vintage tablecloths can be found in several colorways.  In my collection I have several cloths
with examples in up to four different colorways. So when I came across this example of Vera's
Butterflies, it was an easy decision to make and I promptly purchased it.  Needless to say it was a lot more of a challenge to come up with a tablescape with the colors on this second colorway
than with the classic white/blue/green version!

In the book "Vera - The Art and Life of An Icon" by Susan Seid with Jen Renzi, a poster
of this print is shown on page 110.  The graphics for the poster and this tablecloth were
inspired by bold hues she saw in Africa.

So here are Vera's Butterflies on a trip from the 60's - pop your eyes out purple, outrageous
orange and a yellow that could burn your retinas!


Chargers are from Anthropologie, Sunflower Fiesta dinner plates, orange/white salads from Home Goods, Plum Fiesta berry bowls, napkins from Home Goods, napkin rings from Crate and Barrel many years ago, glassware from Target and Oneida's Cityscape flatware. 





Post 86 Fiesta Lilac Juice Pitcher, vintage Homer Laughlin creamer,
vintage Pacific Pottery fruit bowl.


Here the dinnerplate is Fiesta Plum (which is very dark, but I assure you it is NOT black)


The Millennium III Fiesta vase in Sunflower came from a Strawser auction in June of 2000.










Thanks for coming by to see this alternate version of Vera's Butterflies tablecloth!
What would you set this cloth with??

17 comments:

  1. Now if that doesn't wake you up in the morning nothing will-love it! A friend can't wait to get the new Paprika color, did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would not change a thing, it makes a wonderful and very happy statement! I just love it!!

    Thanks again for another great tablescape! Love dropping in to see you, always a treat!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors! I haven't even thought of the word psychedelic in years! Glad Vera included a good bit of white in that pattern, to give the eyes a break. I love how you've used color and pattern to highlight this amazing tablecloth design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I would have NEVER put these colors together but I just LOVE it! What an eye for color you have! I always love visiting your posts, you have such pretty things and your home is just lovely! Thanks for sharing.
    Sharlotte
    Ms. Sharlotte's...Southern Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop Candy! I am so jealous of all of your Fiesta! Those colors are amazing togetherboth tables-and I can't wait to put together some of mine in those combinations. Thanks for making me jealous again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I have a few sets of napkins by Vera! Still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute is all I can say! I just love the bolt of bright colors. It all looks great. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty table. Such vibrant colors. You did a GREAT job coordinating all your pieces.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Candy, you just made an eye candy with that table.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Change?? NOTHING, you are too talented and clever with your colors. It is very bright and reminds me of the perfect breakfast table.

    I love visiting here because I know you are going to have an exciting post! AND I get to see your kitchen :-)

    Where do you find all of your pretty tablecloths?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did such a great job with this color scheme. I would not known where to start. Everything looks just so great together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! I wouldn't know what to do with that tablecloth! You did an excellent job. I love it!
    Very festive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love vintage Vera! Such a wonderful compliment to your Festaware!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply stunning. i love how you made the tablecloth and dishes seem as if they were made together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I honestly don't click on the links from Tablescape Thursdays with classic show tunes running through my head ... but ...
    when you took us to the psychadelic 60s, a song from Sweet Charity popped in my head and now I can't stop humming: "All I can say is WOW!"

    Fantastic! Brava!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all for your lovely comments!

    Not normally a tablecloth that would be my first choice, but I do love a challenge!

    Mary - many of my tablecloths come from flea markets, antique malls and eBay.

    Bill! We have to get blogger to put some AUDIO on these comments! We must here you humming! LOL

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails