Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Profusion of Parsley .... and Basil and Cilantro and All That Is Green!

I'm joining everyone over at Designs By Gollum for another edition of Foodie Friday!
Bring your appetite and see all the pretty food and great recipes.
I'm also joining Cindy's weekly Show and Tell party over at
My Romantic Home.


What to do with the bumper crop of herbs ....... I've done some infused oils, 
made pesto, frozen some for sauces next winter and still the bunches keep
coming.  So while on a search for ways of using some of my herbs, I ran across
this one and it is a winner.


But first, let's set the table with this vintage Vera tablecloth, Post 86 Fiesta in
White, Chocolate, Shamrock and Persimmon. The hobnail glasses and flatware are from Home
Goods, the green glassware is vintage. Napkin rings are from Pier 1. The roses in the
vintage Bavarian porcelain vase are from my garden and include 'Charisma' and
'Oranges 'n Lemons'.  The pitcher is also vintage from Homer Laughlin.




































And this is the Parsley and Capers sauce that will accompany our
New York steaks, baked potatoes and green salad tonight.
Parsley and Capers Sauce*
This is a NO COOK blender sauce to accompany beef or seafood.
1/2 bunch flat Italian parsley (or regular curly)
1/2 C extra-virgin olive oil
2 T capers
2 T lemon juice
1 garlic clove
1/2 t. Dijon mustard
1/2 t salt
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
* you can also add 2 anchovy fillets, but Mr. TLRT doesn't like them!

What's on your dinner table tonight?
Thanks for coming by for Foodie Friday! 

19 comments:

  1. Charming table, especially against the backdrop of your wonderful kitchen. They complement each other! I like the idea of using fresh herbs as fresh greens on the table as well as in the prepared dishes. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be making your 'Caper Sauce'.. although we don't eat meat, I'll find something to put it on..Cold Pasta or Salmon,, hmmmm I'll try baked Salmon!
    Thanks so much for this recipe!
    Oh.. your table settings are beautiful!
    I have to go back into your blog.. can't imagin where you store all these dishes, you have so many different settings!
    Simply beautiful.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is just beautiful, love the dishes with that beautiful tablecloth, such a beautiful combination, so refreshing...I also loved the post before this the napkin ring bud vases are so lovely, where did you find those, I would love to have something like that for a springy table, do you know if they are still available, thanks for sharing, come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post!! The Parsley and Caper Sauce sounds delish - Can't wait to try this. Stop by my blog, I am having a GIVEAWAY. Love your blog, I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. o, I do love this pretty table...and your photos are awesome !!,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm growing parsley too ... both flat leaf and curly. I think your sauce will be a wonderful way to use my crop. Love the orange with the chocolate color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing post! You always manage to inspire me...thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tablescape. Love all the pops of color. Very cheerful. And who wouldn't be happy to cook in your gorgeous kitchen!!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pleased that you stopped by to visit everyone!

    Sandy, there's a clickable image on the sidebar about how I store all these dished and accessories. :-)

    Phyllis, the napkin rings are available in a number of places online, mine came from maryland china.com

    Stop back again for more tablescapes here on The Little Round Table ... and other tables sometimes appear too!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! How good this looks! Can't beat easy things like this!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! The decor, the colors, the flowers, the photos....magnificent!!
    Machelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this table and my favorite part is that it is anchored by that wonderful vintage VERA tablecloth. Your herbs are beautiful :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE!!! your tablecloth and the BEAUTIFUL!!! flower napkin ring. The combination of colors are just AWESOME!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! I adore the color and all of the different dishes and glasses...they all make such a stunning table!

    Your kitchen is stunning! I love the stenciling you did...wonderful!

    Enjoy!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a very stunning kitchen. The table setting is gorgeous - full of beautiful things.
    What an interesting recipe - I have an extreme amount of rosemary I need to find something to do with!
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks to all of you for coming by to check out my latest tablescape and the herbs that are over running the place! Made a wonderful shrimp salad for dinner tonight .... you guessed it, more basil. Mr. TLRT doesn't like basil, but he is learning to tolerate it! LOL

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tablecloth and tablescape really speak to me. This is a perfect design for your kitchen. I've enjoyed your data base of tablecoths...great idea. I need to do something similar with my assorted patterns of dishes. Outstanding job on your blog! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cherry -

    Nice to see you again! Something about great minds thinking alike ..... the dishes are next on my TO DO list! LOL

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails