Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Ceramic" by Wilendur

My favorite party each week hosted by Susan over at Between Naps On The Porch.
Please come and join us with your tablescape.

Several months ago a dishing friend posted some images of a tablecloth he had
recently acquired and I began to show signs of a fever!  You know that feeling,
when you get the itch to start a new hunt?  I never expected it to be such a short
search, but the stars must have been correctly aligned.  I found it on eBay a few
weeks ago, set it up in my watch list and here it is!

By Wilendur from the 50s it is called "Ceramic" and can be seen on page 122 of
Michelle Hayes' book "Elegant Table Linens". It's a Schiffer Book ISBN 0-7643-2090-4.

And to make the deal even sweeter, this auction also included six pristine napkins! The
sewn in tag is still present on the tablecloth.





On to the dishes!
When I first saw David's images, I knew right away which dishes I would 
use to set my version of this cloth. I'd start with these chargers from Home Goods.


And then top them with Shamrock Post 86 dinner plates.


Followed by the salad plates that go with the chargers.




The salad plates come in several different designs.








Green glassware is vintage, the wine glasses are from Pier 1 this past winter.


'Tequila' roses from my garden.


Little wooden Shaker pitcher.




Thanks for stopping by for another tablescape here on TLRT!

19 comments:

  1. Such a fun table! Awesome tablecloth

    Be sure to come and join my new meme "Summer Sundays". It's all about what summer means to YOU.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my all-time favorite postings by you. Great job!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colorful table you've set! It all comes together nicely. Love your flowers too. Very warm and inviting.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  4. You put this table together so masterfully! Choosing each element to work with your wonderful and unique tablecloth.
    Magazine worthy!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful-- Pretty enough to be in a magazine. Very coordinated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was great fun! super pics and i love shots of your kitchen~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your linens! So vintage, yet so contemporary, too. I grew up in the 60's and the tablecloth reminds me of my mom's cookbook covers! Adding your wonderful dishes really brings it into today. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super! I love the colors and that table cloth is a kick. I had 4 of those amber wine glasses in my hands when I was at Pier One the other day, but put them back, because there were only four. What was I thinking? Now I don't have ANY!! They look so pretty on your table, I could kick myself.
    I'd love it if you'd drop by for a visit sometime!
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you match everything!! Beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOUR NEW BANNER is absolutely wonderful! Thank you for setting a beautiful and colorful table. The "vintage" green glassware is beautiful with this table cloth. Bebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful! Wow what an eye you have for detail! Love it!

    Mary
    From Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning, Candy!

    I first met this cloth on a Creole plantation in Louisiana. What a treat to see it now on TLRT! You really hit a home run with this one! Fabulous napkins, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table is just magical, it is so creative and interesting, I love the linens and everything goes so beautifully, it is quite a table, thanks for sharing it with us...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table cloth is amazing ... looks so pristine. The salad plates are a dead ringer for blending in those colors. Your tables are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great find! Love vintage textiles. Your whole table is so welcoming and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tables. You never disappoint. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty, everything came together in a perfect way. Have a wonderful week. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm just so pleased that you all enjoyed this one! And I'm still amazed that my search for it was so short. (Special thanks to Daphne for posting some images of our friend David's tablecloth, since I had never seen this particular cloth before!)

    Stop back again for more dishes and stuff here on TLRT,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails