Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Roses Are Red My Love .....

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue
*******
A long, long time ago
On graduation day
You handed me your book
I signed this way:

"Roses are red, my love.
Violets are blue.
Sugar is sweet, my love.
But not as sweet as you."

We dated through high school.
And when the big day came,
I wrote into your book,
next to my name:

"Roses are red, my love.
Violets are blue.
Sugar is sweet, my love.
But not as sweet as you."

Then I went far away
And you found someone new
I read your letter dear
And I wrote back to you:

"Roses are red, my love.
Violets are blue.
Sugar is sweet, my love.
But luck may god bless you."

Is that your little girl?
She looks a lot like you.
Someday some boy will write
in her book, too.

"Roses are red, my love.
Violets are blue.
Sugar is sweet, my love.
But not as sweet as you."



This vintage tablecloth with pretty violets and bright red ribbons is combined with vintage and contemporary Fiesta dinnerware to encourage Spring to come
early to Calfiornia this year.



Contemporary Fiesta in Sapphire, Sunflower and Scarlet.  The patterned
luncheon plate and soup bowl are from Homer Laughlin's "Diner" line.













Vintage Yellow Fiesta bud vase holding Euryops.




Limited edition Fiestaware2000 large Sunflower pitcher.




Very rare vintage Fiesta covered French Casserole in Cobalt Blue.
Finding one with the lid was truly a rare thing! The standard color
for the vintage French Casserole is Yellow.






Contemporary Fiesta Hostess Bowl in Scarlet.






Vintage Yellow Sweets Comport (aka compote) and Ice Lip pitcher.




Vintage Figure 8 Tray in Cobalt Blue, Yellow Covered Sugar
and vintage Red Creamer.




Glassware from Pier 1
Flatware was an internet find
Napkins from Home Goods


Between Naps On The Porch for this week's Tablescape Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday over at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday over at Common Ground

23 comments:

  1. What a fun and colorful table. Love the Roses are Red lyrics. I used to love that old Bobby Vinton tune. Such a pretty vintage tablecloth as well.
    Beautiful as always,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to visit when you create a tablescape. I have so come to love your cheery delightful tablecloths and you bold bright dishes. This is just what I needed... happy fun colors!
    Just a delight, as always!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you for bringing the hope of Spring!!! We NEED that right about now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that tablecloth is the star of the table! What a pretty way to encourage Spring to come. Where DO you find those linens?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous table. You have so many pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so fun and full of life. Love the plaid of the flatware and plaid of the plate.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty and colorful table -- I do love the primary colors and you put them together very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tablecloth and fun table Candy! Lovin' the primary colors:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning, Candy!

    Having gingham on the TC, luncheon plates and flatware really makes this 'scape sing! What a great study in primaries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful day the sun is shining and we can look in your beautiful kitchen, I love visiting here, so cheery!..your table scapes are gorgeous.

    Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  11. So bright and cheerful! And your photography is amazing. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely! Your post today is a pleasant reminder that warmer days are ahead. Your kitchen is just beautiful. I'll bet you love it too! Thanks for sharing.
    ~ Lynn @ Cottage and Creek

    ReplyDelete
  13. such pretty colors! I am just amazed how crisp your tablecloths are! Never a bump, pucker or miss in your ironing. It is as if they floated down from tablecloth heaven to land perfectly on the table! Is there a secret? Or am I just not patient enough while ironing?--> I hope there is a secret! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore your blog, because I am crazy for FiestaWare. I have gotten so many wonderful ideas from you on mixing and matching all the great colors. I have given you a little award, so please come over and check it out.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table setting...love it all
    Have a Blessed day
    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it lovely? mixmatching is the most wonderful you can make in your TS. Perfectly gorgeous!

    Unfortunately, I didn't participate this week as I have flu which turnt to severe bronchitis which I learnt after the xray result the other day. SUX! But, I will cope up when am feeling better.

    Happy TS to you.
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that's a table that gives is hope of a short winter. I love the vibrant colors and how well the mismatch works so well together. Your tablecloth is just the perfect starting point for this table. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the pops of color!!! Such a beautiful tablescape- I love the blue with the yellow and red all mixed together and pretty- the tablecloth is perfect too- Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your kitchen is just amazing, and I always love your table settings. The vintage tablecloth is in pristine condition and really does feel like Spring! Thanks so much for linking up with the party,
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a bright and happy table for January ~ just love it. But I cannot help looking around the rest of your gorgeous kitchen. I wouldn't mind waking up at 6am at all if I could have my morning tea in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Morning everyone!

    Hoping for more sunshine here today! Thank you for all your lovely comments on this bright and cheery tablescape.

    Candy

    PS The trick to the ironing is my handy-dandy super-duper Rowenta steam iron! Mine is a Rowenta DG8030.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails