Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's A Silver Seasonal Sunday

The gray days of January have hit big time here in Northern California.
Adding a bit of shine to The Little Round Table helps to dispel the gloom.
Notes on the details at the end of the post.

We'll be having my favorite Spring Onion Soup posted previously here on
The Little Round Table.  I have a wonderful crop of Spring onions that I'm
using in all kinds of things from salads to soup.  Yummy.




















Vintage tablecloth by Victory K and B  "Leaves" , see the tablecloth database
Vintage Sterling is "American Directoire"
Rattan chargers from Pier 1
White dinner plates are "Medallion" by Rosenthal
Stemware, striped plates and Mercury glass from Home Goods
Vintage style napkins from battenburglace.com for $24/dozen
Covered onion soups from Anthropologie
Small dessert cloches from Tuesday Morning
Sterling butter, sauce boat and crystal sugar are vintage
Chair napkin rings from eBay
Large wooden rooster came from Safeway! I went for eggs and milk and came home with a rooster!

Thanks so much for stopping by on this gloomy day,
your visits are certainly a bright spot!

I'm joining

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful table Candy, feels special yet cozy-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy, this table really sparkles! Love the unusual crown covered individual soup tureens. Spring Onion Soup sounds delicious. Glad the rooster found a home with you! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table. Those crown lidded bowls are amazing!! The whole table glitters so!

    Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great table. I love all the silver. I didn't know Safeway still existed. We haven't had that store here in years. Love the rooster. Hope the sun shines soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love your tables. My daughter and I are Fiesta collectors, we recently scored a bargin at a estate sale and added to our collection.

    Cathy@Cathy's Cupboard Calamity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do believe those soup tureens are the cutest things I've ever seen with the possible exception of the napkin rings. Fantastic photos of all!

    Happy Seasonal Sunday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Candy,
    absolutely gorgeous tablescape - as usual on your blog. Very nice combination of beautiful things.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candy. I'm so glad to see that you found that cloth in a silvery colorway. The COS and other pieces look great on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. I am all about silver and trying to use it more. Your tablescape is gorgeous and all of your silver pieces are just stunning. I absolutely love your little soup tureens, they are just fabulous. So beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bright and fresh table - goes to show that the use of silver doesn't always mean a heavy, formal table.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing gloomy about this lovely table! I love the silver and your gray & white tablecloth looks wonderful!

    Enjoy your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty table that anyone would feel so special to dine at. Happy SS.

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very regal! I just love the mix! I'm always glad when I take a moment or tow to enjoy your posts...thanks for sharing!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks eveyone! I loved the way this one turned out, plain and fancy all at the same time. I do love my little soup bowls, makes soup for dinner seem like a real occasion. See you all again soon!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by, I guess you liked this one??? LOL

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails