Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Flashback

A new season is approaching, which means I need to get my creative juices flowing
and come up with some new Fall tablescapes.  In the meantime I thought I'd look 
back at some of the tablescapes from last year's Fall offerings.  It's hard to believe
a whole year has gone by since I started blogging about my dishes and tablecloths!

Here's one from last November ....... please come back later this afternoon for
this week's Tablescape Thursday entry.

Left is my young Locust going from green to yellow to brown in the span of a couple days.
Top Right is the deciduous Trumpet Vine 'Madame Galen' (Campsis x tagliabuana) trying to
put on a fall show but not succeeding.  Center Right - Well there's some RED, time to harvest
the pomegranates before the ants get them!  Bottom Right - Again from green to yellow to
brown in a couple of days, this is a Spice Bush (Calycanthus occidentalis) which is also
deciduous.  I sacrifice the great colors of the Fall back in the East and Midwest without
hesitation because we have no SNOW!


Vera was much more successful in capturing Fall in this third iteration of one of her vintage tablecloths. Check the first and second versions of this vintage cloth for some additional ideas. Today's version uses Post 86 Fiesta in Shamrock, White and Chocolate.





Vintage Homer Laughlin small pitcher.




Vintage GPK (Grace Patricia Kelly) napkins designed for Springmaid.  Yes, it was "the" Grace Kelly who designed a line of linens for Springmaid.

I've added some additional info and images on the Grace Kelly linens -


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails