Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Split Personality


Welcome to another edition of Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan over at
Between Naps On The Porch!  Time to show off your tablescapes and favorite dishes.

This vintage tablecloth has a split personality with one half of it providing
a negative image of the other half.  It is printed with wild thistles, which could pass
for artichokes that have gone beyond their prime picking time.


Fiesta is shown in Chocolate dinner plates, Ivory luncheon plates, the new Paprika salad plates,
and Shamrock berry bowls.


Flatware and stemware from Home Goods, votives from Michael's.





Napkins from Home Goods, napkin rings from Bed Bath Beyond.



The little piggy butter dish has had a broken ear for about 20 years, but he is still
most welcome on our table.


This wooden scrap bucket makes a great place to discard the artichoke leaves.
The new baking dish recently released is shown in Paprika below.




Last week's Strawberry tablescape included the smallest of the Homer Laughlin vintage "Apple Tree" bowls, here it is shown in a larger size in the color "Pumpkin."


This little wooden pitcher is holding fresh basil and tarragon from the garden.


My "Fiesta Rooster" came from Home Goods. Although he is not authentic Fiesta, he 
fits right in with his colorful outlook on life.



New Prep Bowl set that brings the baking bowls available to 5.  Shown here in Marigold and
Shamrock in the images with the Tangerine disc pitcher.



The iconic Fiesta disc pitcher in Tangerine.



Thanks for coming by again this week for another Tablescape Thursday!

22 comments:

  1. Candy, I love this unusual tablecloth! You have really shown it off beautifully with the different colors of Fiesta. Using green as an accent works so well! I know we will all comment on that darling butter dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!! This tablecloth is right up my alley and I adore it! I love the greens, brown and ivory mixed in along with the paprika. The herbs really bring out the green dishes. The candleholders, rooster, everything comes together so well. The piggy butter dish is precious and he would be welcome at my table, too. This table is absolutely eyecatching!!! You never disappoint us.
    Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful warm tones, Candy! It's always a thrill to see Mr. Piggy....so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful color combos, love the pig butter dish, homegoods has the perfect matching striped teapot for your table~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Candy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this tablescape. I think what does it for me is the table cloth. Just Stunning! It's amazing how you pull everything together. You have become such an influence on me. That apple tree bowl is beautiful. So glad to see you still use the piggy. He's even cuter with the broken ear.~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm rushing right out and getting some Paprika! I love the way you've put these together again, you're a genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for thistles. I think them most beautiful and your tablecloth is the exclamation mark on this statement. I love the colors and the elements in this table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the piggy butter dish even with his broken ear! How cute! And what lovely stemware! Perfect for fall!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love your tablescapes - but I am in love with your kitchen! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You so need to have these pictures featured in a magazine, so I can buy them and remember them forever! So pretty. Love the tablecloth. Had no idea the dishes came in brown. Like the paprika & tangerine too. Your kitchen is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You amaze me every week with how versatile your collection of Fiesta is! That tablecloth is so gorgeous, and I love the negative image on half of it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little round table always looks so welcoming and your Fiesta collection is to die for! I always love your combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my, this is just so pretty! I love these colors with your kitchen. You are just something with all your clever combinations! Lovely, lovely tablescape!

    Mary
    From Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you do with your Festia Ware. I also have it and love using it every day. I love the new colors and the marigold mixing bowls. Would love to find that rooster. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Candy,

    I always love your tablescapes! You make it look so effortless. I would love to be there to watch you create one of your fabulous tablescapes. I love the new Fiesta Paprika color and am thinking about adding it to my meager collection. I love your adorable little piggy butter dish and rooster!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to tell you...you have totally changed my attitude toward Fiestware and vintage kitchen tablecloths. This particular post is stunning...the colors are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all for you wonderfully generous comments about The Little Round Table. I can take very little of the credit though. When you start with a rainbow of colored dishes and beautiful old tablecloths full of color ...... the results are almost a given! Color + Color is what makes my world go around. :-)

    I love the whole white on white Swedish look .... but it is impractical for the way we live with grandkids and dogs and cats and messy gardeners and veggies coming in from the garden .... I had a couple of rooms in our last house where I did the white on white on white look, but color eventually began creeping in .... I'll have to just continue to admire that design concept from afar.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the piggy butter dish. He is just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Pattie .... we love him with his little tattered ear and all. We are both getting a little tattered around the edges too. :-)

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails