Thursday, January 28, 2010

Woodland Garden Tablescape and Chicken Piccata

Welcome to Foodie Friday hosted by Michael Lee over at Designs By Gollum!

The faux moss and lichen covered basket with just a few small flowers is about what we
have here in Northern California right now, after a couple of weeks of rain rain and more rain.
When we do get a few morning rays of sunshine peeking under the morning fog, the lichen
covered oak trees on our back property literally glow chartreuse in the morning light.

Vintage tablecloth with Post 86 Fiesta in Chocolate and Chartreuse, chargers are
Made In China. Hobnail glassware and napkins from Home Goods,
candle holders from Tuesday Morning.





Vintage Fiesta Amberstone marmalade jar and disc pitcher.








And a recipe for Chicken Piccata that's fast and easy.
Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breats
ground pepper
zest and juice from 2 lemons
several tablespoons capers with 2 tablespoons of brine
2-3 cloves garlic minced
4 tablespoons butter
1+ Cup water
Cornstarch

Grind pepper over both sides of chicken, pound breasts flat, dredge in corn starch.
Add butter to hot skillet and immediately add pices of pounded chicken.  Fry on one
side and turn, add capers, garlic and lemon mixture to pan, cover with heat still on high,
cook until chicken is cooked through, approximately 4-5 minutes.  Remove chicken to
a hot plate, add water to pan loosening bits with whisk, add corn starch to a few tablespoons
water and stir into pan for sauce.  Salt and pepper to taste, add to chicken reserved on hot
plates.  Great with a small salad or rice, or a traditional bowl of rigatoni with red sauce.









Please stop by my Show and Tell Post for
Part 4 of Where Do You Store All Those Dishes?

14 comments:

  1. What a cute table and the recipe sounds sooo good. Wish I could have a bite right now!

    Christi @ A Southern Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy, Your table is beautiful. I just love the tablecloth. And chicken piccata is one of my absolute favorites. Your recipe sound delicious.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy, what a fun table! And your chicken picatta looks SO good. You can put capers and butter on anything, and it's good to me... but that recipe is so good I want to try it. Thanks!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun table and a delicious recipe! I always forget to use capers and they give such a nice flavor! I will be back!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy-Love your tablecloth! This looks and sounds delicious. We love capers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful table and wonderful recipe! I LOVE your tablescapes and they make me wish I had followed through with my desire to collect vintage tablecloths and Fiesta many years ago. I live vicariously through your fabulous tablescapes, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. People who love butter and capers and dishes??

    Oh wow! Thanks to all of my soul mates for stopping by and for all your nice comments!

    I'm thinking we might have to have this again next week......Costco had a "can't pass it up" deal on chicken, so I now have LOTS of chicken. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know which is yummier... the table or the chicken piccata (a personal favorite).

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table looks great, but your chicken piccata looks wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chartreuse and chocolate are so lush...a tabletop forest primeval!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Bandy sees this recipe; it looks wonderful. Of course, you had me at lime and chocolate Fiesta. And that perfectly wonderful tablecloth and centerpiece. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to all of you for stopping by! I haven't had breakfast yet ...... I wonder if it would be OK to whip up some of this chicken for a late "brunch"! LOL I think maybe I could just make the garlic/butter/lemon sauce and pour it in a glass. Yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! One of my favorites...I love the chocolate and chartreuse together. You have such a talent for this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails