Thursday, March 17, 2011

Top o' The Morning - Scones For Breakfast



Scones
2 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 Ounces Butter
Mix with a fork for 1 minute
Do not overwork dough
****
Add
2 handfuls sugar
3 handfuls golden raisins/currants
Mix with a fork for 1 minute
****
Mix together:
1 Cup Milk (set aside enough to dip tops in)
1 Egg
****

Mix into flour mixture with a fork for 1 minute
This is a quick bread, do not overwork or overmix.

Flour cutting surface, dump dough onto board and gently form into 1-2" high round. Cut in circles or simply scoop equally sized chunks with your hands, dip the tops in milk, place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then turn over, bake additional 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with jam or butter.







Happy St Patrick's Day, please help yourself to a piping hot scone fresh from the oven.


I'm joining Foodie Friday at Designs By Gollum
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
A Few of My Favorite Things at Bargain Hunting

19 comments:

  1. Wishin' I had one right now-Happy St. Patrick's Day Candy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Love the music :) Happy St. P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look super yummy! I haven't had breakfast and so these have left me drooling and itching to head into the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que idéia deliciosa! Estarei fazendo a sua receita. Parece muito boa! Sou seguidora do seu blog e acho fantástico. Admiro a arte de arrumar uma mesa, e você faz isso com muito esmero. Te desejo um ótimo dia. Beijinho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look spectacular, think I will make them this afternoon. Thanks for the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy...thanks for the recipe! Visiting from
    linky Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum!! I would love one right now! And your little crown dishes are perfect for the butter. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for stopping by! These are so quick and easy, the perfect snack for morning, noon or night!

    I appreciate all your lovely comments, please do come back soon.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Candy...

    Mmmm...your scones look and sound absolutely delicious, my friend! A beautifully set table too! Thanks for the breakfast!

    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candy,
    Those are fantastic! They are photographed so nicely I am ready to pick one up and eat it. Thanks for linking this up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. The scones look absolutely delicious, and your table is as charming as usual. Love the floral china.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I am addicted to these yummy scones, a perfect treat to the tastebuds.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Candy, I AM going to try this recipe. Those look sooooo delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe, and thanks for linking to Favorite Things. (I'm kind of afraid this will become one of my favorite things too!) laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails