Sunday, November 28, 2010

Felt Flatware Pockets


stop by to visit Susan and all her other guests.


It's Whatever Goes Wednesday over at Someday Crafts

I saw these cute little stocking flatware pockets on the internet a couple weeks ago.
Priced anywhere from $6 - $10 each or $81 for a dozen ...... hmmm .....I could make those.


For protected images use your "Print Screen" feature and import to your photo software.
I sized the image from Amazon to make a pattern, then printed it onto regular copy paper.
Can you tell I need a new color cartridge?

  
I had some leftover 12" squares of stiff glitter felt and some other felt scraps, a pair of
scissors, a needle and thread.  Some time spent whipping the edges while watching Law & Order UK .... if you are a Law & Order fan, this is a must see new series from BBC!




Thanks for stopping by for this mini-Met Monday!
These flatware pockets will be appearing in a tablescape sometime during December,
so please stop back often.

Before you leave today be sure to enter your name in the TABLECLOTH GIVEAWAY
here on The Little Round Table.  It ends Monday November 29th at midnight Pacific time.

16 comments:

  1. Nice and easy, they turned out great! Looking forward to the 'scape:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I did something like this last year but I just bought the little mini stockings at the dollar store and put my flatware in them, I think it would be much more fun to make them though. Great job, I love it! Have a blessed week~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Very cute!! I will have to sew up some of those little felt flatware holders for next Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, those are beautiful! I will try that! glad to visit, I'm new!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, Candy! Your handiwork turned out so well. And I agree about Law & Order UK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have totally amazed me! What a great way to make a pattern and I wasn't even aware there was glitter felt!!! Thank you for sharing.

    I would be honored to have you add it to my blog party

    Amaze Me Monday Blog Party

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed! I saw some little needlepoint stitched stockings used in this manner but there was NO WAY I was going to try doing them. This is a wonderful alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're the best!

    thank you for linking up to the first ever "Amaze Me Monday" blog party

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from the Amaze Me Monday party!! Okay these are great! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post! I would love for you to link this up to my linky party! http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/link-up-giveaway-and-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks ladies! My favorite kind of project .... quick and easy with speedy results. I really love that instant gratification thing!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing your inspiration and the project you did - I may have to make some for a holiday dinner! I love stopping to visit you. I always enjoy what you share.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great idea! I love it.

    Will you check out my blog?

    www.uvinyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable! I might do this for my Christmas Party. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so sweet! I'll have to make some for Christmas this year. I'm sooo jealous! You even have Christmas-y flatware! I'm a new follower from Someday Crafts, and I'd love to have you visit me too. Have a great day, and Merry Christmas!

    http://www.amaskellantics.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by ladies, I do appreciate your lovely comments. These little cute flatware pockets will appear on a tablescape soon ... I just put it together today. :-)

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails