Sunday, January 17, 2010

Winter Garden

Welcome to Mosaic Monday, jump over to Little Red House to see more beautiful mosaics.

I'm also joining Blue Monday over at Smiling Sally's
 ..... there are some blue dishes here afterall!


These dark gray charcoal colored vines look like a lot of  things in my garden right now.  We've had an unuaually cold winter with several nights of hard frost which is playing havoc with my "tropical" zone garden.  My garden isn't really in a tropical zone, but I like to push the limits and am paying for it this year.  Spring will tell how much is truly lost and what will come back from the roots.


This is surely a fairly early tablecloth, although my conclusion is really just speculation.  The vines on this cloth were most likely green when it was printed, but early green dyes were unstable and the vines are all a dark charcoal gray.  Still an attractive printed cloth, but it must have been gorgeous when the vines were green, just as my garden was.


Post 86 Fiesta in Periwinkle, Sunflower and Scarlet.  Flatware is "Masquerade", the little flower vase is vintage colorware from an unknown maker, yellow custard bowl is Bauer, napkins from Stroud's years ago, napkin rings from Crate and Barrel also years ago.  The Fiesta Periwinkle pitcher is an odd-ball in that the interior is glazed in Turquoise and the exterior in Periwinkle.  Glassware and lantern are from Home Goods last summer.








25 comments:

  1. I love Fiestaware and those forks are awesome!
    Paula Grace ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very coloful tablescape! And I love the daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome flatware to go with your amazing collection.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your blog is always filled with the most lovely things! Love the colors, the mosaics and that flatware is adorable.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful table. The the table cloth and fiesta ware always looks so fun! Hope you didn't lose too many plants. I guess time will tell how much damage was really done. Have a great Blue Monday and enjoy the week ahead! Sherri : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I miss where you said where you got that flatware? That is totally cool. Love the whole table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I feel like it's spring at your lovely table today.
    I really really like that little blue milk pitcher. I can't think of the right word right now...it's late lol
    I also love the lantern, just incase the power goes out.
    Happy Blue Monday
    Love Claudie
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bright colors to start the week.....Thank you for such a cheery post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scarlet redeems periwinkle every time! Today is the perfect day for a winter garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bright, colorful table, Candy. I love it! Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous table setting...I love the vintage linen to go with the Fiesta dishes and the flatware is perfection.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cheerful and happy table. I really enjoyed seeing it!

    Happy Blue Monday.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cheerful winter table. I loved the touches of blue in your photos. I hope you are having a wonderful Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fiesta!!!! Lets have a party and it is at your place! I would like to use the wonderful silverware too please. That was really fun. Have a blessed week filled with love, Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a festive table. I guess that is why it is called Fiestaware :) The silverware matches perfectly. I just love it.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just lovely! You have a wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. my favorite of them all are the forks.

    Party Favors for blue monday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cheery and festive colors. Are you a Fiesta Ware collector?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this whole table setting! So cheerful and just too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks everyone for stopping by! The flatware is called "Masquerade" and is a licensed Fiesta accessory marketed by a number of retailers. Just do a Google search for it and you should be able to find it easily!

    Meri - Yes, I am a Fiesta collector, both recent production (since 1986) and the vintage colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing at MM. :) Love that tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails