Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hot and Spicy!

Welcome to another episode of Foodie Friday at Designs By Gollum and
thanks to Michael Lee for hosting this party each week.


It's a hot and spicy color combo on this vintage tablecloth!
Featuring Post 86 Fiesta in Sapphire, White, Turquoise and Cinnabar.
The flatware is Cityscape, the glassware is from Pier 1.
Also shown are a vintage go along "snack server", a Rhythm by Homer Laughlin
gravy boat, a Harlequin creamer.









The hot and spicy part is the quick and easy stir-fry Beef Broccoli

Ingredients
Any nice piece of beef, New York strip, fillet, whatever you have on hand.
Soy Sauce 1/2 -3/4 C
Garlic - 2-3 cloves minced
Dried Hot Peppers, crushed w/seeds removed 2-3
2 Tablespoons Dry Sherry
Fresh Ginger root minced - 1-3 Tablespoons
Broccoli Florets 2-3 Cups
1-1 1/2 C water w/ 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 package dried chow mein noodles, boiled for 3 min, drained


Marinate chopped steak, garlic, red peppers, ginger in soy and sherry for 1-3 Hours
Add 1/2 C water to broccoli florets, cover and microwave for 3min on high
Heat two skillets to SUPER HOT
Add cooked noodles to skillet with 2 Tablespoons oil, frying
until the noodles are nice and crispy on both sides.  Remove to cutting board,
cut into two portions and put on HOT plates.
Add marinated beef w/liquid to the other skillet, stir fry, add broccoli and
cover for approx 3 minutes, then add water with corn starch, stirring until
sauce is clear and thickened. Serve HOT!













Super easy and super tasty!

12 comments:

  1. Now this looks very interesting and different. We like spicy so I think we'll give this a spin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your table is amazing as always! I love your tablecloths and Fiesta Ware. Now you recipe looks delish but you're not going to mess up those pretty dishes are you? OH, know! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me oh my... this looks fabulous. Love the browned noodles!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to try that! My teenagers love this kind of food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to brown the noodles! I love beef and broccoli. Your Fiesta is a delight. Because of the infinite combinations, I daresay the dishes are more flexible than basic white. The tablecloth is true to the period and so much fun. Can't wait to see what you put together next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! Your table display reminds me to go and find some dishes for my kitchen..They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tablescape is beautiful! I love those beaded napkin rings. The broccoli and beef looks scrumptious, too.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candy-We love stir fry. I have never done the noodles this way, but I am going to give it a try! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful color combination on your table! The dinner looks delicious, is there any left for me?:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your generous comments!

    The fried noodle trick was one our favorite dive in San Francisco's Chinatown tought us. This was the kind of place that had live eels in a bucket as you walked in the door...eewwwww. But the food was great and this is a trick I've never forgotten. Gives as extra texture thing with the crunchy outside of the noodles, but they are still moist and soft on the inside. Yummmm.

    Sheila, of course we got the dishes dirty. These things wear like iron and go in and out of the dishwasher everyday as they have for almost 25 years! White and turquoise were two of the colors that were re-issued early on when production started up again in 1986....and Sapphire was a limited color that's been discontinued for at least 10 years. They are the best dishes ..... I still had teenagers at home when these first came to live with me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE!!! this AWESOME!!! recipe. My family is going to ENJOY!!! this.
    I also LOVE!!! your GREAT!!! combination of colors on your table.
    Come by and visit so you can enter my GREAT!!! giveaway.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Geri.....I'm craving something hot and spicy again this week, but instead it's going to be Italian for Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails