Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tropical Spring and Chicken Strips


I'm joining Michael Lee over at Designs By Gollum
for another Foodie Fridaycome join the party!

Vintage tablecloth featuring bulbs and flowers with Fiestaware 2000 Juniper 
dinner plates, Post 86 Rose luncheon plates and Post 86 Chartreuse bowls.
Also Juniper salad plates and small Chartreuse berry bowls with vintage glassware.
Flatware and napkins from Home Goods, napkin rings from Pier 1.











Simple dinner tonight, chicken strips and a small green salad!
Quick and easy to prepare, very filling.

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut lengthwise into very thin
strips (works best if they are partially frozen); toss strips in seasoning
mix of your choice, some chopped garlic and chives.
(Dry Italian salad seasoning or spicy pepper mixture is what I usually use)

2 eggs beaten
Cracker crumbs processed very finely in a food processor, I usually use
 whole grain or wheat crackers, something with some flavor.

Dip chicken strips in egg and then cracker crumbs, fry in very hot oil for just
a couple of minutes.  The strips are so thin that they cook through very quickly.
Remove to paper towel to drain, serve with balsamic vinegar dipping sauce or
other salad dressing/dipping sauce of your choice.



No finished product to show you ........ waiting for Mr. TLRT to return from his afternoon stroll!
As I said, quick and easy and pretty darn tasty!
It was great!


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful table, as always. Love the vintage tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perky, fun table colors, and the chicken looks great - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do love your colors! Great look, no doubt! I have to say, your chicken dish looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candy you set a lovely table. Did you happen to get your fabulous napkin rings at Pier 1? I think I saw those and did not get them at the time, but now I really regret not taking them home. They look so pretty with your napkins. Love the flatware too!
    Yummy chicken strips and a mouth watering picture!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely table..so colorful.
    The chicken looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful and your table is darling! I just love the colors! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling table! I love all the pink and green. And, who doesn't love chicken fingers? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chicken strips look delicious - and what a pretty table setting. I love the flower napkin rings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always a lovely table! I'm going to serve your chicken recipe to my husband very soon. Thank you for sharing all your beautiful Fiesta, recipes and wonderful photos with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...I adore this tablescape! All of the color is perfection! Your napkin rings are my favorite...so darling with the plaid napkins!

    The chicken looks so yummy...I will have to give the recipe a try!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi fellow bloggers! Thanks for your generous comments on my tablescape and the chicken!! It is surely one of the most popular of my quick dinners with Mr. TLRT. :-)

    Yvonne, the napkin rings came from Pier 1 back in Feb, if I remember correctly. They also came in Peach, but silly me passed on those, now I'm sorry 'cause they really are very pretty!

    Thanks again for stopping by and I hope to see you all again soon.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails