Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This Week In My Garden: It's November! - A Postscript

So many readers commented and emailed about the humming birds that live in my garden from yesterday's post  This Week In My Garden: It's November! ..... so I'm adding another group of images.  They are a constant source of amusement.

Some of today's antics.

After awhile these all start to look alike, but I do hope you enjoy them.

Candy


A little blurry, but can you see his tongue sticking out beyond the tip of his beak?




Look at those cute little tootsies!














Thanks for coming by!

4 comments:

  1. What state are you in???? WE get hummingbirds too but never more than 2 at a time! This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And our humming birds are gone now for the winter:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have a very fast shutter speed. Those are some of the best hummingbird pictures I have seen. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy, these are gorgeous pics! Our hummers are pretty aggressive and we have one we've named "Nasty" who specializes in running the others off. Last year we were able to see a mom feeding a baby and we couldn't believe how she wasn't ripping the throat out of the baby when she was feeding it. It was amazing - LOVE your photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pinky!
    We're in Calfiornia and the hummers love it here just as much as we do. :-) Many of them stick around for the winter, although last winter I could hear them talking among themselves about it having been a poor decision. We had a nasty wet and cold winter here in the garden last year.

    Donnie - honestly the camera does all the work, I'm using a point and shoot setting. It's when I start hearing/reading about shutter speed, F-Stops, and such that my brain just turns off! This poor camera will never be able to do all that it was meant to do with me as the user. :-)

    Deb - Thanks, I'm so glad you enjoyed them. "Nasty" is pretty typical when the neighborhood residents are a small group. When there are dozens of them, no single male can control the whole scene. Away from the camera lens, there is always an aerial battle or three or four going on about whose territory begins and ends at the feeders. :-)

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails