Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Happenstance Rose and Shrimp Boats

I'm recycling this post from June 2010.
My roses have all been pruned and are resting before the Spring blooming season
begins in about 6 weeks. I'm joining Fresh-Cut Friday at Rose Vignettes

A bright summer tablescape and Basil Shrimp Salad to share today.



Basil Shrimp Salad
Just toss together these multi-textured ingredients for a crunchy
and refreshing starter course. Proportions are approximate.
For each 1/2 Cup salad shrimp:
3T finely diced onion
3 T finely diced celery
3 T finely diced avocado
1 t minced fresh Basil
2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
Top with a sprig of Basil
This is the first of the new crop of Basil from my garden.  We've 
had such cool weather that it is just going nuts, without the leaf
burn it suffers in our high summer temps.

My little shrimp boats have appeared on TLRT before on Shrimp Boats and Roses


I think these are supposed to be dogwoods on this vintage tablecloth, but I've
chosen to pair the cloth with the 'Happenstance' roses from my garden.  The chargers
are from Anthropologie, topped with Post 86 Sunflower, White, and Chocolate.
The stemware came from Pier 1, napkins from Tuesday Morning, the sterling is
vintage American Directoire.




The candle holders are vintage Fiesta Yellow.



Vintage Fiesta Yellow bud vase.




The pitcher is a limited edition Fiestaware2000 pitcher in
Sunflower holding roses from my garden.


Just sooo very cute napkin ring/ bud vases hold the 'Happenstance' roses.







Vintage Fiesta Sweets Comport (aka compote) in Yellow.


Post 86 Fiesta disc pitcher in Shamrock and a hand turned vintage pitcher.


Vintage Fiesta Marmalade jar in the Royal Chrome go-along rack.



Vintage Fiesta French Casserole in Yellow.


Grab a fork and have a bite of that salad ...... hope to see you again soon.
****************
Originally posted June 3, 2010

19 comments:

  1. I love this color combination. The shrimp boat is just too cute. This is such a pretty table, thank you for sharing it!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so fabulous, at the shrimp boat is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful roses! Your table is great.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I love the colors in this and the vintage table cloth is superb! You might be interested in my giveaway which features 12 "Style Sisters" napkin rings to use in all your tablescapes. Just click on the left hand top corner of my blog. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photographs - and what delicious looking shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunny tablescape! And I love your shrimp boats! Mmmm

    ~Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I am in love with this salad! Even Mr. TLRT thought it was superb! Thanks for coming by to check out my contribution this week!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candy, your tables are always SO gorgeous! You really make your fabulous vintage tablecloths shine with your stunning Fiesta collection! I just inherited a yellow casserole much like yours, but I don't think it's Fiesta. Still, I love the shape and handle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The table setting is sunny and gorgeous, and your use of the boats for the shrimp salad is just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Tricia and Susan! I'm so glad you stopped by to play with dishes. :-)

    Tricia, send me a picture if you can and maybe we can get an ID for you.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your shrimp salad in the sailboats and fabulous Fiesta ware, so cheerful and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for coming by and for your lovely comment!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling! Your tablescape is perfect!! :) My roses are all cut back too. It is soooo cold here right now. I hope that means that we will have some awesome blooms. This salad looks yummy! :)

    Thanks so much for joining in for fresh-cut Friday! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Liz -

    That salad is just yummy!

    Can't wait for roses to come back! I really miss them when they are resting.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just popped over from Fresh Cut Friday to say hello.
    Your tablescapes always take my breath away, I am amazed at all your beautiful Fiesta ware.
    The little napkin ring/vases are adorable and your Happenstance roses are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so spring and pretty! I adore those napkin rings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks ladies, I'm so glad you stopped by!

    I'm soooo ready for Spring!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is just so gorgeous. I don't normally LIKE yellow, but between your masterful mixing and the yellow FIESTAWARE, oh my goodness. It's just stunning!
    The shrimp look pretty yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks April, so glad you stopped by. Please come back next week for Valentine tables!

    CAndy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails