Sunday, February 6, 2011

Places

Place names have always fascinated me.

The internet has made the world a smaller place.
Visitors to my blog come from all over the world.

Some of this week's place names sound wonderful and interesting.
Say them out loud, some ordinary, some exotic.

Some hold a part of my personal history.

What's your favorite location in this world?

Random thoughts on a Sunday morning.

Candy

Lule, Norrbottens Lan , Sweden
Syosset, New York
Shakopee, Minnesota
Danville, California - where I lived from 1979-1988
Orem, Utah
Boiling Springs, North Carolina
Campo Grande, Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil
Walla Walla, Washington
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Mercer Island, Washington
Warsaw, Indiana
Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany - where I lived from 1948-1956
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Dodge City, Kansas - where I was born
Smith River, California
Haifa, Hefa, Israel
Black Diamond, Washington
Wilsons Mills, North Carolina
Athabasca, Alberta, Canada
Sugar Land, Texas
Scotch Plains, New Jersey 
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
East Wenatchee, Washington
Fairfield, California - where I live now
Kosciusko, Mississippi
Omega, Georgia
Hurricane, West Virginia
Metamrfosis, Khalkidhiki, Greece
Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania
Bemidji, Minnesota
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
Lady Lake, Florida
Tiburon, California - where I lived from 1988-1998
Wroclaw, Dolnoslaskie, Poland
Moulineaux, Haute-Normandie, France
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Tonawanda, New York
Elmhurst, Illinois - where I lived from 1956-1963
Creutzwald, Lorraine, France
Clayton, California - where I lived from 1998-2006
Temperance, Michigan
Uberlndia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Warner Robins, Georgia
Cagliari, Sardegna, Italy
Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
Ashtabula, Ohio
Palatine, Illinois - where I lived from 1970-1979
Bistrita, Bistrita-Nasaud, Romania
Puyallup, Washington
Wamberal, New South Wales, Austrailia
Altoona, Alabama
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
Kalispell, Montana

3 comments:

  1. Cute post! Scotch Plains, NJ is a hip-and-a-scotch from me.. lol Here from near, Flemington, NJ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and Victoria, British Columbia!
    When you were living in Heidelberg, I was living down the road in Baden-Baden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Isn't it odd how our lives are all connected in some way, however remote?

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails