Sunday, September 27, 2009

Shrimp Boats and Roses

Vintage tablecloth paired with vintage Cardinal China ceramic shrimp boats with removable sails and black metal stand.  These work great for dipping sauces or condiments, as well as a shrimp cocktail server.  The boats can be removed and placed on a service plate for shrimp cocktail.  Post 86 Fiesta in Lemongrass, White and Sunflower with Cityscape flatware.  Glassware from Home Goods and roses from my garden.


These little boats are often found without their sails and masts, but it is easy enough to make your own sails and masts to replace the originals.  Art board, medium weight poster board or even canvas can be fashioned into your own sails.  The originals are some sort of wipe-off product that allows you to use the sails as place cards, wipe off and resuse over and over.  Here are the measurements for a home made sail.  The dowel has a slot down the end for attaching the sail.


Fair skies and following breezes to all shrimp lovers.

Both Becky and Sandra have boats that came in a box:




05/22/12 Per Sandra Bond, "Sandra Grazier Bond On one side of the box it says, "Each shrimp boat complete with wood mast and white plastic sail. Use the sail as a novel, whimsical place card for your dinner party." On the other side it says, "The ideal serving dish for a children's party. Put a ball of ice cream in the center and a cargo of cookies around the sides."

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how I have managed to miss you! I have enjoyed browsing through your lovely tablescapes! I love the bright colors you use so often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever seen those boat dishes and I've seen a LOT of dishes!
    They look like they would be wonderful for sauces.

    I love how you found dishes that exactly match your vintage tablecloth.

    Very, very nice.

    Zoey
    Sorry for deleting my first comment. I put the wrong blog address.
    tablescaping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan and Zoey -

    It is all about color with me!

    I have the dishes and then I find the tablecloths. With Fiesta just about any tablecloth will work because there are so many colors to choose from!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails