Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer

A slight departure today from tablescaping to join everyone over on A Southern Daydreamer for the Outdoor Wednesday event.  Thanks to our hostess Susan and all the other participants for inviting us to join their celebration of the great outdoors.

Some shots from my 3 year old garden, which is a work still in progress.  You can learn more about my adventures in the new garden on my blog Happenstance Garden II

The front rose garden


Upright Ice Plant blooming - Lampranthus copiosus


Clematis 'Perfection'


Aloe buhrii blooming


Rose 'Rainbow Sorbet'


Cistus ladanifer - Crimson Spot Rockrose, Brown-eyed Rock Rose 


Kniphofia uvaria - Red Hot Poker


Rose 'Anne Harkness'


Acca sellowiana - Pineapple Guava


Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my garden, remember to jump back to A Southern Daydreamer to see all the other contributions to Outdoor Wednesday.

13 comments:

  1. Candy,

    Your garden is exquisite! I love all your photographs and the colors are wonderful..love those big beautiful blooms! So glad I found your blog! Miss Bloomers/Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gardens! Your photos are amazing--especially of your roses!

    Have a lovely week~
    Debbykay @ Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful garden and really nice photography! I've never seen a pineapple guava or the ice plant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful garden - I so want a fountain in my garden! Your flower closeups are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the wonderful compliments!

    I went back and added the rest of the botannical names, didn't realize there would be so many gardeners peeking in. :-)

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clapping, I am clapping my hands together for two reasons. Your garden looks like the happiest place on earth and your photographs show your real passion photography.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden looks very well established for only 3 years old. How wonderful!! I love the aloe plant and I am inspired to plant Red Hot Poker, which I have only seen in magazines.

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you live here? Your garden is incredible. LOVE the bee in the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Candy,

    I had to share these with my son who had an internship at Longwood Gardens this summer. He liked them..."Very nice." were his exact words.
    From this guy that is high praise.

    Beautiful.

    Becky K.
    Hospitality Lane

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can say, your garden is heaven on earth. What I would not give just to really see it, and have a garden a tiny bit like yours. Beautiful, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Candy, your gardens are just beautiful and the flowers you captured with your camera are exquisite. Thanks for sharing them with us. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much fellow garden lovers! And a special thanks to your son Becky :-)

    It is a work still in the process of becoming what I see in my minds eye.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ONLY 3 years old and all that!!! WOW!! AMAZING. California is a great place for gardening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails