Thursday, April 29, 2010

May Day Dinner


I'm joining all the foodies over at Designs By Gollum for another edition of Foodie Friday.
Bring your appetite and your favorite recipes and join the fun!

I'm also joining Cindy over at My Romantic Home for her
weekly event Show and Tell Friday. Just a few of my favorite
vintage things to share on today's tablescape.

Here's a vintage tablecloth all decked out in nosegays for May Day.
When I was a kid May Day was a big deal, nowadays it doesn't seem to get much attention.

Post86 Fiesta in Chartreuse, Ivory, Sapphire, and Sunflower top the Italian
glass chargers from Tuesday Morning.  Stemware is from Pier 1 last winter, flatware
came from Macy's years ago.


The miniature roses are 'Dazzler' from my garden.

The little brass vases holding the roses are vintage from my folks.


The sugar bowl is vintage Fiesta in Cobalt and the vintage milk
pitcher is also by Homer Laughlin.





The yellow creamer is also vintage Homer Laughlin.






The new 1 quart Post86 Fiesta Marigold baking bowl is serving as a fruit bowl.





Dinner tonight is pork tenderloin liberally rubbed with spicy pepper, mashed 
potatoes and gravy, with a Strawberry Romaine salad dressed with balsamic vinegar,
raspberry vinegar and olive oil.  Topped with Feta and pine nuts.
It is so simple and compliments the pork roast beautifully.



No finished pictures of the tenderloin, it has just gone in the oven here in California!


And the salad is not yet dressed, but I nibbled and it is almost as good just plain!


Grab a glass of wine and your favorite chair, dinner will soon be served.
Happy May Day!

16 comments:

  1. I love absolutely everything about your table- I'm coveting that cloth! Just beautiful and Spring-y and happy. We're having a Giveaway and would love to have you join us
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table settings are always beautiful!!! And you have the most beautiful table clothes to go with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! Your photography is exquisite and I'm sure dinner is just as delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, this might be my favorite tablescape of yours so far. Love it all. Hey, come by and visit me sometime.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! Gorgeous color! Yummy food! Can I come over for dinner? (just kidding.) Wonderful photos, too. Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cheerful tablescape! I love the vintage table cloth and how you pulled all the colors from it. Your salad is so pretty. Nice presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. colourful but lovely setting.. and the food always look good with this lovely setting..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is the prettiest Fiesta Ware table I've ever seen. It's so colorful and welcoming. Your dinner looks wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning everyone!

    It's windy here in Northern California this morning, but the promise of sunshine and warmer temperatures has been yammered about by the weather liars all week! Hope to finish up building the raised beds for my kitchen garden today. We've had lots of rain this Spring, so I'm about 6 weeks behind where I should be.

    Can't wait for my own veggies to start producing again. I did pick strawberries yesterday, but managed to eat them all before I made the salad for the May Day dinner! So store bought went into the salad. :-) I can tell you that the salad is just plain yummy, almost a meal in itself and the pork tenderloin was just the best!

    Thank you all for coming by to see my tablescape and for all your lovely comments! I do appreciate your visits!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the table cloth........very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. This table is so lovely! The amber glassware and vintage-looking napkins really add a special touch, as do the roses from your garden. Love those chargers -- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Your flowers are remarkable...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, Tricia and gnee so glad you stopped by....dinner was wonderful and this little cloth with the nosegays will come into play again before summer is over I'm sure. :-)

    Hope to see you all again soon,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! I really love the blue and gold combination!I hope you'll check out my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for coming by Mikey, hope to see you again soon!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails