Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This Week In My Garden - June 28, 2011 A Linky Party


Welcome to an experiment in gardening!
I'm hoping all of you will join in this weekly Linky Party and
show off your garden and how it grows.

You are invited to join me each Tuesday afternoon to stroll through
the gardens of Blogland. Show us a single image or three or twenty
or write about your garden tips or experiences.

One of my garden treasures.  I have two large clumps of these and this
is the first year for this clump to flower. Six years ago it was in a six inch pot.
Puya, Sapphire Tower
Puya alpestris
Puya alpestris is a 4-5 foot tall rosette of recurving, spiny-margined, light green leaves that are silver-gray beneath. Leaves are 1-2 inches wide at their base and 2-3 feet long. Turquoise blue-green flowers (sometimes called metallic or "unearthly") bloom on terminal branching 4-5 foot tall stalks in the spring or early summer. Plant in full sun. Drought tolerant.  Native to high barren slopes in the Andes of southern Chile.
June 15, 2011

June 28, 2011
Orange pollen spread on the inside of the blooms by insects.

Voluteer Oleander
Oleander
Nerium oleander

Trumpet Vine 
Campsis x tagliabuana 'Madame Galen'

The first signs of a storm coming in from the Pacific.

Unfolding Agapanthus
White Agapanthus, White Lily of the Nile, White African Lily
Agapanthus praecox

My favorite Lantana
Lantana 'Landmark Sunrise Rose'
Lantana camara

Unknown cultivar that came from Safeway many Easter seasons ago
Arum Lily, Calla Lily
Zantedeschia

Unknown cultivar that came from Safeway years ago
Bigleaf Hydrangea, Lacecap
Hydrangea macrophylla

One of many pomegranates this year! It will be mature in 2-3 months.
Pomegranate, Granate Apple 'Wonderful'
Punica granatum

Thanks so much for stopping by to stroll the gardens with me!

I'm joining:
This Week In My Garden - Linky Party
Easy peasy rules:
Link back to The Little Round Table within your post.
Please remember to link back to The Little Round Table, if
you need help linking back just let me know.

Enter a permalink to your specific post, not your general blog URL. Advanced linking options requiring that both of these rules be followed will be in place.  If you have ANY problems with this new feature from inlinkz, please just let me know. I will be leaving the original linky collection open and allowing it to build each week. 
Links from May 10th - #1 - #13
Links from May 17th - #14 - #26
Links from May 24th - #27 - #41
Links from May 31st - #42 - #57
Links from June 7th - #56 - #68
Links from June 14th - #69 - #78
Links from June 21st - #79 - #91

19 comments:

  1. I live in a different region than you do, so I'm not familiar with Puya alpestris. What a stunner! I'll bet it was great fun watching the flowers emerge more and more each day. You have some beautiful flowers in your garden. I always enjoy stopping by to look at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my golly, Candy. These florals are exquisite. Particularly the first blue one ... awesome. Wish these lovelies were in my gardens. I'd be in the garden day & night enjoying these if they were mine.

    Thank you for such a wonderful walk thru the gardens.
    Have a great holiday weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sapphire Tower flower is so unusual! All your flowers are gorgeous! Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After strolling through this awesome flower garden, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Absolutely outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique color on that first flower! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh those are gorgeous!!! especially the white lily of the nile..

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first visit here. what beauties, so many I have never seen before too. Love the 1st, Puya, unusual colors. I hope I linked back correctly, please let me know if I need to change something.
    Have a beautiful week! ~Faythe @ GMT

    ReplyDelete
  8. that puya is "unearthly" looking. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous blooms! What a treat to have pomegranates too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, some amazing pics there, and yet its interesting that some of your pics, are weeds here in Australia! The Lantana camara in particular, is a WONS4!!

    Mines up as well at Spotting Sunsets

    Have a great WW!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming over from Faded Charm - loving the blooms you shared! especially the agapanthus!oxox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are fabulous photos of your garden jewels. I love the blue succulent.
    First time to link up with your meme too today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never stopped by for In My Garden~ it is like a garden of Eden! Gorgeous everywhere I look!
    I can't wait to participate!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many unique flowers! That Puya, Sapphire Tower is amazing! I'd love to grow the agapanthus, but it won't make our winters. So many stunning photos- the lacecap hydrangea is so sweet! I'm enjoying this weekly party, thanks for hosting it! Liz- P.S.- Happy 4t of July to everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Candy! What a great Linky. I'm so glad I came by today to find it. I've placed you button on my Blog and you've always been on my Bloglist. I Love that Puya Alpestris. I have been in the floral business for 39 years and have never seen this plant.
    See you next week for the garden party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh you do the music thang too!! LOVE THIS!! so thankful i found this place! Gotta work on my table now : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all so much for stopping by the garden again this week ..... where did the week go?? Time flies during gardening season that's for sure. Hopeing to entice you all back again next week for some more lovely garden from across Blogland.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your sapphire tower is the most amazing color! Truly a treasure.

    I'm enjoying your summer-long garden tours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails