Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tête-à-Tête



Come on over to another Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors!

I'm participating in Show and Tell Friday over at Cindy's My Romantic Home.
Drop by to see all the pretties!


Another victim of my spray painting fetish!

A courting bench, also known as a kissing bench, conversation bench, or a tête-à-tête (French for "head-to-head") is a bench with two parallel seats, facing in opposite directions.
They were popular in Victorian times and were convenient for kissing and intimate,
but demure conversation, as the names imply.




This courting bench lives in my garden and is sporting a new coat of "Strawflower" Rustoleum
spray paint.  It has been in a shabby, chippy white mode for a number of years, but now it has
this new crisper attire.  It is holding two large glazed pots filled with sunflowers.




Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful with the sunflowers. They make a great couple sitting in those love seats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bench looks good at the garden.. further more now is Summer.. a great place to be at the garden.. Happy 4th July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beautiful sunflowers! The courting bench is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bench is awesome. I love it!! Looks pretty sexy with those sunflowers, too !! :))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meet you has been a pleasure in my first "Show and Tell Friday"
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming bench! I love the wrought iron!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your new twist on an old fashioned courting or kissing bench!! Great idea!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful display of sunflowers. Makes me smile to look at it! xoxo Happy 4th...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty and unusual piece! And you've really selected the perfect corner for it!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...when I was little I always wanted one of these courting benches...thinking that if I had one a prince would surely find me. Never got the bench and I sure never got the prince. Still I like the bench. I think yours looks great painted and with the sunflowers in this corner of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I REALLY adore this project. It is going into my style file for sure!

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! The flowers look perfect in there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sunflowers are my favorite. Adorable bench

    check out the Giveaway at A Baby Changes Everything

    Have a safe and happy Fourth. Celebrate America
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone for stopping by to check out my courting bench and for your lovely comments!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Lorilee! I do appreciate you stopping by for a visit, please come back soon!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails