Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vintage Turquoise



Welcome to another Vintage Thingies Thursday hosted by Coloradolady!
Come see all the vintage goodies linked up for this weekly event.

Last week I shared some of the vintage Fiesta Ivory pieces from my collection.
The first five colors introduced in 1936 were Ivory, Red, Blue, Yellow and Green.
Turquoise was added in 1937 and is shown in this vintage Butler Brothers catalog
from 1939.  New shapes were added over time and some shapes were dropped from
the line over the years.


You can see many more examples of early paper goods related to Homer Laughlin China
and their dinnerware lines on another one of my blogs The Pottery Papers.


I picked several different examples in Turquoise from my collection,
some were also shown in Ivory last week.


Vintage Fiesta carafe.
This is a shape that has not been reproduced in the Post 86 Fiesta dinnerware line.


From the back to front: Deep Plate (rimmed soup bowl), individual salad bowl, two sizes
of the fruit bowl, and the Tom and Jerry Mug (aka ring handled mug).


Several sizes of plates, from back to front: dinner, luncheon, salad, bread and butter plates.
The saucer shown was from the Hawaiian Daisy decalled line introduced in 1962 and
coordinated with vintage Turquoise.


2 Pint Jug


Cream Soup Bowl


Bud Vase - this shape has been reproduced in Post 86 Fiesta


Vintage creamers in the ring handled version and the stick handled version.


Vintage syrup - the only piece in the vintage Fiesta line that was not designed by Frederick Rhead. Homer Laughlin purchased the mold from the DripCut company, which also produced the lids for the syrups.  The plastic lids tend to show discoloration from age.  The syrups are only available in the first six colors of vintage Fiesta and Ivory is probably the hardest to find.


The vintage relish tray comes in all turquoise also, but I've chosen to show the Harlequin version.  Harlequin was another line of dinnerware produced by Homer Laughlin. The base for the Harlequin relish tray was the same shape as the Fiesta relish tray, but the inserts are a different shape and size and used the Harlequin colors.  You can see the difference by checking back on the Ivory relish tray shown last week.

Next week I'll highlight another one of the vintage Fiesta colors
and I hope you'll stop back to check it out.

Happy Vintage Thingies Thursday!

18 comments:

  1. I love that Fiesta! The Hawaiian decal saucer is darling! Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a massive collection. I thought of you on Saturday as I purchased my first piece of vintage Fiesta. Happy VTT. ♦olive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award over on my blog today. Congrats!
    http://alattewithotta.blogspot.com/2010/07/awards-from-ott.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great collection of vintage Fiesta. My mother had a nice set as well of assorted colors. But back then, I did not know that I should have kept it. Very nice blog,

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an incredible collection! Turquoise is my birthstone, so I really love these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous collection! I love the shape of that carafe, what a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So hard to pick a favorite but probably the carafe. Such vibrant colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your collection and your photos make it look extra nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always loved the colors of look of Fiestaware. I have only a piece here and there, nothing coordinated. It just mke people smile. I am envious of your knowledge about it.
    I will have to investigate your other postings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Fiestaware...I think my favorite is the turquoise color. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I love the turquoise color. I only have one piece a plate in the green that was my great Aunts. Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! This collection makes my heart race! I definitely need to learn more about vintage Fiesta. I'll have to visit Pottery Papers for a closer look.

    My favorite is the carafe. And I'm intrigued with the Hawaiian decal saucer - I don't recall ever running across that pattern before.

    Thanks for this bright & cheery end to my day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just LOVE the carafe. You have such a wonderful collection!

    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Turquoise is certainly one of the colors of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. again, another wondeful collection! love the colour and the unique shapes of the dishes.. the carafe is just rare!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post! Your Fiesta ware is so charming and delightful, what a wonderful collection you have. I've never seen the harlequin relish tray before, so much fun.

    Happy VTT,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all for coming by to see the vintage Turquoise Fiesta!

    I can see a pattern evolving here ..... last week several readers said they loved the Ivory best and now this week some love Turquoise the best ..... soon you will all love them each and every one. :-)

    Next week, yet another vintage color to love!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails