Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Vintage Vera Leaves Part 3 + Outdoor Wednesday

It's time for Outdoor Wednesday again! Hike over to A Southern Daydreamer and join in with your outdoor images.

 I tried, I really did!  It's hard to find Fall color here in my garden, we go from Summer to Wet Winter without most of the color changes seen in other climes.  So here's my pathetic result from my search for a little Fall color for today's Outdoor Wednesday.

Left is my young Locust going from green to yellow to brown in the span of a couple days.
Top Right is the deciduous Trumpet Vine 'Madame Galen' (Campsis x tagliabuana) trying to put on a fall show but not succeeding.  Center Right - Well there's some RED, time to harvest the pomegranates before the ants get them!  Bottom Right - Again from green to yellow to brown in a couple of days, this is a Spice Bush (Calycanthus occidentalis) which is also deciduous.
 I sacrifice the great colors of the Fall back in the East and Midwest without hesitation because we have no SNOW!


Vera was much more successful in capturing Fall in this third iteration of one of her vintage tablecloths. Check the first and second versions of this vintage cloth for some additional ideas. Today's version uses Post 86 Fiesta in Shamrock, White and Chocolate.





Vintage Homer Laughlin small pitcher.




Vintage GPK (Grace Patricia Kelly) napkins designed for Springmaid.  Yes, it was "the" Grace Kelly who designed a line of linens for Springmaid.

I've added some additional info and images on the Grace Kelly linens -


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful mosaic of your fall colors! You have a great table setting and dishes with matching accessories to go with them.

    Happy OW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outdoor mosaic is so pretty and I really enjoyed your tablescape, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your collage is gorgeous! and this table setting is beautiful and warm and welcoming. love the green charger with brown/white plate/bowl--lovely color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table! I love the stemware.
    The outdoor mosaic is lovely.
    Jane (Artfully Graced)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tablescape with the green and brown leaves as a theme! So pretty and the tablecloth is just perfect with your dishes and glassware! What a fun fall table! Miss Bloomers/Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its worth the sacrifice!

    We drove around to see the nature's beauty last week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post. Thanks for showing us this beautiful mosaic..pretty tables, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the gourds center piece.

    Well done.

    Stop by if you have a moment!

    TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Candy!

    Beautiful mosaic!

    Love the table! You just don't find napkins like that. I love thm. What a great treasure!!

    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fall colors, your tablescape and the mosaic is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the mosaic. We too seem to go from green to brown (or bare) in nothing flat, but your photos show that you do get some fall color. But I'm with you, I'll gladly give up the brilliant display to not have to deal with snow! Love your table, I had no idea that Grace Kelley designed linens. How neat! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your outdoor mosaic is very pretty and colorful. I love the vintage linens!

    Thank you for sharing your mosaic and tablescape with us!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely table as always. The Grace Kelly napkins are so unique! Love the pumpkins with metal leaves and the colors are wonderful. I found two Fiesta plates at a thrift shop yesterday, made me smile. Not sure of the official color, but they are a soft green. Can't wait to make a table scape with them.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. So festive and love the rich, warm colors!! Oh....and is that pomegranates? Love 'em.

    My Outdoor Wednesday is the continuation from last week's venture...today, what we bought.

    The Peddler Show

    Happy Wednesday wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fall collage and tablescape are both beautiful. The colors are really warm and inviting. Have a great Outdoor Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a fun cloth to work with, pretty much everything goes with it. Yes those are Pomegranates from the garden. I leave some for the birds, the ants get some and the rest I devour, even though they are a bit of work to clean. :-)

    Linda - be careful! You'll get hooked by Fiesta. :-) Soft green sounds like it could be Seamist, still a favorite of mine and highly under rated in my opinion. Be sure to post it or send me images and I'll post them for you.

    Thanks for stopping by everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails