Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving - Vera's Falling Leaves Linens

"Vera's Falling Leaves Thanksgiving" for Tablescape Thursday over on Susan's lovely porch and blog called Between Naps On The Porch.


These lovely glitter encrusted leaves decided they wanted to be glow in the dark leaves, more appropriate for Halloween I think!  In person they add a nice glittery look to the table, but in the presence of a flash they positively take over the world!




So I removed the leaves and went back to do this again. Ivory and Cinnabar Post 86 Fiesta with vintage Yellow Fiesta salad plates and hunter green chargers.  American Directoire sterling, glassware from Pier 1.





I found these cute little acorn salt and pepper shakers at my local Ace Hardware for $5.00!  It's the best Ace ever, with a large seperate room dedicated to high end cookware, gadgets, dishes and ornaments at Christmas time.  Just too much fun browsing through all the gadgets ever made for a kitchen and finding a few that I just can't live without. I stopped by there yesterday to buy a fly swatter (they carry several kinds, two of which I remember from my Grandma's time) and these shakers are just one of the items that immediately jumped into my hands.


And the carts came from Michael's post Halloween sale for $2.00 each.




Looking over the proceedings from the buffet are an Ivory vintage decorated Fiesta dinner plate and an HLC vintage Kenilworth platter.



The linens are one of several new designs from Vera carried by Macy's and this pattern is called "Falling Leaves."  More information can be found at this post from September.

Wishing you and yours the happiest of holidays on this Turkey Tablescape Thursday.

22 comments:

  1. First of all, your table looks so festive! And I think that large hutch in the background with pieces of your collection is so neat! The little wagons with turkeys are really fun as is that neat rustic candle (are those sticks around it?) you have in the center. I like the goblets you chose to go with your Fiestaware. Just a fun, happy table all the way around. Thakns for sharing.

    Happy Tablescape Thursday/Thanksgiving!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I see a typo... THANKS for sharing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tablecloth and napkins, and I am loving your wine glasses. I also like the different colored dishes together. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your table....I have one of the same wagons...really like how you used several....
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a creative table. Love the wagons and all the decorations in them. Fiesta is wonderful such beautiful colors. I'm looking forward to finding some of my own. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Candy, I do love droping in on you...You always set a wonderful table....Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color of the wine glass is so pretty. It almost glows. The hutch caught my eye right away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Candy! Your jeweled leaves gave me a chuckle. I have a couple that I put on my Fall wreaths on the front doors, and they glow like crazy when headlights hit them!

    How neat to see Saarin as a guest blogger. Can't wait to see what the two of you have in store for us.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How neat! Your tables are always lovely. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is so beautifully colorful and festive. I loved your addition of the wagons with the vegetables and turkey. My eye also caught your wonderful hutch in the background! Thank you for sharing this wonderful Tablescape! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very festive table! I love the colors - perfect for the day. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving! Your table is beautiful. I love the colors and the rustic and elegant combinations. Your little wagons are adorable, you did a great job filling each one to make up a great centerpiece. Have a great day enjoying your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your table! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how I love coming to see you! This table is wonderful. What a darling centerpiece and the turkey dishes are wonderful. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving,
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful table. Love your centerpieces.

    Happy holiday season.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great! I especially love your little wagons and carts! So unique and so Fall festive!

    And I love the 'glitter' leaves! They really add another festive touch to the table!
    Beautiful post!
    'Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, what beautiful things you used to set your table! Those little carts are just adorable all decked out in Autumn!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so happy you all found something to admire in this whimsical Thanksgiving table!

    The candle with the "sticks" does indeed have sticks around it ..... they are cinnamon sticks and I've had the candle forever! Now that it is burned down in the center (hasn't affected the exterior) I just add a votive candle to the center and keep pulling the candle out year after year. :-)

    I too love the little carts and I foresee them appearing again for other tablescapes. Can't you see them at Easter filled with eggs and chocolate?

    Hiya Daphne! Those leaves are too funny, they almost look "alive" when the flash catches them. Saarin and I have a Hanukkah post ready for each day of the "Festival of Lights", so do stop back to say hello and comment on her wonderful story and images.

    Those glasses (from Pier 1) love the camera! They are very photogenic. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ummm.... am I totally missing something here. Are you magazine publisher? I'm not surprised at all, but the magazine cover I linked to to get here really surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL Jenny! No, that's just a mock up cover that I use for a review of each month's tablescapes.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails