Thursday, November 26, 2009

Tea Party For Eight - Show and Tell Friday

I had originally intended to post about my childhood tea set for today's Show and Tell Friday over at My Romantic Home, but since I was unpacking some mugs/pitchers for Monday's post about my Inversé Glassware Rack I decided to do a tea party with some of the vintage children's dishes.

These comical animal character decals, "Tiny Todkins", were used by many different potteries.  Here's a shot of a full vintage sheet of the unused decals.


This tea party is set up for eight young guests with examples of these decals from several potteries including HLC, WS George and Syracuse.
















10 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! When I saw the first picture I thought it was a quilt until I scrolled down a little and started reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dishes are so sweet and precious! Thank you so much for sharing. I haven't seen many of these type of dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what sweet tea dishes! Any child(including grown up ones) would love to have a party at your table. Thank you for sharing! Blessings to you! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing collection!!!!

    My show n tell is HERE

    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful collection you have!! Those are so adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute! I'll bet the kids enjoyed it. Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so fun; your collection is just wonderful!

    Thanks for sharing and have a GRAND weeken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an awesome collection you have!! They arejust so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your collections never cease to amaze me! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monkey, elephant, goose and all their comical friends thank you for your lovely comments!

    They do love to party ..... do you suppose that's where the term "Party Animal" came from. Some of my other children's dishes will most likely appear in upcoming posts, so please stop by again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails