Sunday, November 22, 2009

Inversé Glassware Rack - Repurposed for Met Monday

I've had this Inversé (inverted) glassware rack for about 10 years.  It's been in storage for three years since we moved to the new house.  Oddly enough I found the perfect storage solution for the rack by placing it inside an unused metal garbage container. Not as awful as that sounds, in that it was new and never used for garbage. (I think I bought the rack from Napa Style, which offers the same/similar rack now in a sealed rust finish.)

Now I've pulled it out to repurpose it as a display rack.  I never found it very functional as a glassware rack, either for out on the counter storage or as a drying rack which was its intended purpose.  After a series of incidents with glasses becoming unbalanced and lotsa breakage, it was relegated to the nether world.  Cute idea, but my experience was that my glassware was either too large or would not balance safely unless I stood there and watched it!

Displaying mugs and cups is always a problem for me and I have a large number of mugs, little pitchers, and children's cups/mugs that are usually languishing in a closet or box because there just is no good way to display them all.

This may turn out to be a major dust magnet and a passing fancy, but for now I'm just happy to see some of these orphan mugs and cups brought out of storage and back out into the light of day.

So is this a Metamorphosis candidate?  Maybe not, but this is what's happening in the life of my Inversé glassware rack for this week at least. Check out all the great participants in Metamorphosis Monday over at Between Naps On The Porch with our hostess Susan.




20 comments:

  1. Great idea! I can't get over how many cups/mugs it holds...and what a cute display it makes. :-)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a terrific way to show off a collection of mugs..very clever!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, girl, you do have a lot of mugs! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I would love a rack like that!! It almost looks like a Christmas tree...hmmmmmmmm could lead to other ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! Fabulous way to show off your collection!! Love that Roller skating monkey with the ice cream cone and top hat cup!! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the concept - such a clever way to show off your mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute display...I haven't seen that many mugs since I was last at the thrift store and they weren't as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic reuse of this sweet rack! I love the excellent mugs you now have displayed!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love how you have it filled with mugs and what a collection you have! Love it.
    Be a sweetie and have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun, I love it. What a great idea. Your collection of mugs is fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute way to display your mug collection. I wish I had one of those! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow I love all the mugs you have on the stand and it is wonderful to view, I loved looking at all the cups..I am a new follower of yours, come for a visit...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my stars, Johnny Carson was calling my name. That is the cutest display.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness. My husband used to collect a coffee mug every place we went but after several moves and packing them up and some breaking he stopped--great idea.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Candy, Love it .... Great way to show off that wonderful mug collection...
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a great idea-it looks like a Christmas tree! You have a wonderful collection of mugs there too, Candy.
    Best wishes, Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is perfect for that. I love all your fun mugs. It holds a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by everyone, I know we're on in a mad dash to Turkey Day! Wishing all of you the most wonderful holiday filled with family, friends and all those special foods that bring those special people to your table.

    The nice thing about this display is that it easy to rotate other parts of the collection in and out depending on your mood. :-)

    The "roller skating monkey" is part of a group of comical figures depicted on vintage children's dishes. The decals were used by several potteries including Homer Laughlin.

    The Johnny Carson mug is quite collectible and was one of just a few styles that he used on his desk for his late night show. This one was made by Homer Laughlin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails