Wednesday, March 14, 2012

St Patrick's Day 2012




Scones
2 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 Ounces Butter
Mix with a fork for 1 minute
Do not overwork dough
****
Add
2 handfuls sugar
3 handfuls golden raisins/currants
Mix with a fork for 1 minute
****
Mix together:
1 Cup Milk (set aside enough to dip tops in)
1 Egg
****

Mix into flour mixture with a fork for 1 minute
This is a quick bread, do not overwork or overmix.

Flour cutting surface, dump dough onto board and gently form into 1-2" high round. Cut in circles or simply scoop equally sized chunks with your hands, dip the tops in milk, place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then turn over, bake additional 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with jam or butter.



Thanks for stopping by today, Happy St Patrick's Day.

I'm joining:

11 comments:

  1. Candy, you've captured both beautiful and delicious in this post! Happy St. Paddy's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, I always love to stop by your blog and see what beautiful tablescape you have to share. Hope you can stop by my blog sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the "leafy" accents make this such a fresh & perky tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for visiting, have a happy green day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love your dishes,napkins,tablecloth sugar and creamer. A very Happy St. Patty's Day to you!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I love everything from the tablecloth to the dishes!! Everything is so Irish looking!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Such a fun and festive table!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Love the combination of the shamrock plates and lemon grass. I never get tired of visiting your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tablescape! I love your Beleek pieces. The scones sound yummy too : )

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies ..... I'm thinking it is time for another batch of scones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candy, I love this table!! Of course, besides Persimmon, Lemongrass is my next favorite and I love all the ways you use the color. Always so fun or so beautiful. Where did you find the square shamrock plates, they're precious and go so well with the lemongrass. Though I'm Italian, I love St. Patrick's Day for all the fun and because green is my favorite color!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The square shamrock plates came from Home Goods about 4 years ago. Love em!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails