Saturday, March 24, 2012

Here Comes Easter!


Little covered soup bowls to hold our traditional Spring Onion Soup - the recipe is at the end of this post, 
along with the details about this Easter table.




Little Chick



Pink Rabbit



Little Duck



White Rabbit


















Creamy Spring Onion Soup
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 bunches scallions—white and tender green parts cut into 1-inch lengths, green tops thinly sliced
4 leeks, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
2 cups dry white wine
3 cups water

2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 ounces fresh goat cheese (1/4 cup), softened


In a large pot, heat the oil. Add the white and tender green parts of the scallions, along with the leeks, fennel and onion; season with salt and white pepper.
Cook over low heat, stirring, until the vegetables begin to soften, approx. 15 minutes.
Add the wine and boil over high heat until reduced to a few tablespoons, 12 minutes.
Add the water and cream and bring to a simmer. Cook until the vegetables are very tender and pale green, approx. 15 minutes.
Add the scallion green tops and cook just until softened, about 2 minutes.
Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender or food processor , return it to the pot and season with salt and white pepper.
Whisk the buttermilk with the goat cheese in a bowl, ladle the soup into serving bowls, drizzle with the creamed goat cheese and serve. Garnish with chives or parsley is optional, serve with very thinly sliced sour dough bread rounds.
You can make this soup ahead, keeping the soup and the creamed goat cheese refrigerated in separate containers overnight. Reheat just before serving. So easy and you'll hear your guests rave!



Thanks so much for coming by to check out these cute critters!

Vintage tablecloth can be seen in  my Tablecloth Database
Covered soup bowls and napkin rings - Pfaltzgraff
Goblets, flatware, salad plates, glass basket, apothecary, napkins - Home Goods
Tumblers - Cost Plus World Market
Chargers - Anthropologie
Vintage Wells Art Glaze Peach plates

25 comments:

  1. Candy, this is really beautiful - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candy! What a darling tablesetting! I love those sweet little lidded baskets in each plate! Everything is precious!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so adorable on this table...it almost seems a pity to actually use them for a meal! And those bunny "dolls/fairies" dressed in Old World finery perched on the counter are so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Easter table! Love the bunnies : )

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I like the patch of grass with the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always thrilled to see what you have on your beautiful table. Oh to be a guest...what fun that would be!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun Easter table! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buttermilk in the soup? Really? Hmmmm...would never have thought that. It's definitely worth a try! Very lively Easter decor! The colors are all so great together, and the little napkin rings are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your festive and fun table Candy! The covered dishes are just too cute-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm deathly allergic to onions but I'm sure my husband would love your soup. And I would love to have something in those adorable soup bowls! Such a happy table. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Candy, in my next home, I will make sure I have a little round table ;-) Darling covered soup bowls, and the soup sounds wonderful. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet your soft spring colors are....and how darling the baby animals coming out to play on your table. Soup sounds like it would be perfect for a rainy spring evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peach is one of my favorite colors, and I am so happy to see it being used again. Your table is a wonderful mix of cheerful color -- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Easter table! Wow! Really is enjoyable to look at all those spring soft colors! Well done! Happy Spring!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your soup sounds really really good. The table is adorable. Love the pink goblets. They are stunning. and I like the cut glass cloche. so gorgeous.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Candy, I'm going to make this soup. It sounds delicious! Your table is delightful as always, and I think the little covered bowls are perfect to top the stack of great looking plates.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwww this is soo sweet! I love all of it. YOur table is wonderful. I love those sweet napkin rings, and the flatware
    is so pretty. I think I need some new silverware! Adorable. All your tablescapes are always wonderful!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful colors... blended so well!
    I especially like the eggs and chick/bunny under the cloche.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Candy!
    Beautiful! The cloth is lovely and the dish stack wonderful! Love those covered bowls!
    Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So, so charming! This is a wonderful table! You have balanced the use of color so perfectly. I like the single color jelly beans. Nice! Everything is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely adorable!!! So cute and colorful and I LOVE the pink stemware!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blog is stunning!
    I love your spring decor with those blooming flowers and cute Easter bunnies! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your table is simply just wonderful...the soft colors...the napkins are beautiful and I sure wish I had those covered ceramic baskets...I do love those...it all just is put together perfect...If I am not already a follower I am now...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all for your very sweet comments, I'm pleased that you enjoyed this tablescape.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails