Monday, October 11, 2010

Mairzy Doats


Time for Tabletop Tuesday with Marty over at A Stroll Through Life.
Come show off your tabletop creations!

Oh, mairzy doats and dozy doats and little lambsy divey
A kiddley divey, too. Wouldn't you?
Oh, mairzy doats and dozy doats and little lambsy divey
A kiddley divey, too. Wouldn't you?

If the words sound queer and funny to your ear,
A little bit jumbled and jivey.
Say, "Mares eat oats and does eat oats
and little lambs eat ivy."

Oh, mairzy doats and dozy doats and little lambsy divey
A kiddley divey, too. Wouldn't you?
Oh, mairzy doats and dozy doats and little lambsy divey
A kiddley divey, too. Wouldn't you?

Today's tablescape started with a vintage California Hand Prints tablecloth
that came with its original tag still attached.  I use my tablecloths, so the tag
was removed and stored in acid free paper with the staple removed.  The cloth
was given the Oxyclean treatment that I use on all my vintage cloths when they
first come into my collection.  One scoop of Oxyclean in very HOT water, soak
the cloth for approx 10-15minutes, rinse thoroughly in more hot water, wash
on a short regular cycle with a small amount of laundry detergent.  I dry in the
dryer until just damp, then iron with my Rowenta steam iron.

Then came the dishes, the chargers came from Anthropologie, Post 86 Fiesta
in Shamrock and Lemongrass.  Vintage depression glassware, goblets from
Pier 1, as are the napkin rings.  On the center of the table are some vintage 
Homer Laughlin pieces and some pieces from Home Goods.  A mix of old and
new that work well together.  The sterling is American Directoire.













Vintage sterling cake server, footed cake stand from Home Goods.


Two vintage Homer Laughlin pitchers.







Thanks so much for coming by again this week.

12 comments:

  1. Love it, the combination of Fiesta and Depression ware......and of course the vintage tablecloth!
    ps LOVE the music :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful table. The vintage pitcher with the frogs is one of my favorites. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! You managed to do it again! Green is my favorite color. And the song...my mom sang it to me,my sisters, my daughter, my oldest grandson, and now I sing it to my other grands. ~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun, I sang this song to my children and now to all of my grandchildren. They have so much fun learning it. Your table is stunning. I love the pretty green depression glasses and the stems are gorgeous too. Your tablecloth is fabulous. You really do have the greatest collection. A stunning table as usual. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the napkin rings and the little serving spoon on the plate. Your colors are so refreshing and the tablecloth sets the tone of the table perfectly. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tablesetting is just beautiful. The vintage tablecloth is sooooo pretty, I really like the depression glass and have never seen that pattern but the pitcher with the frog, oh my, is so adorable. Absolutely stunning, I loved all of it.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooohhh, IVY is my absolute favorite and green is my favorite color because of my love of IVY!!! My favorite tablecloth and table setting!! I have got to find a tablecloth like this one!! I am so inspired by you and now I'm really on a mission! Lemongrass is one of my favorite Fiesta colors, too. So beautiful...thanks for always sharing so graciously all the components of your table settings and inviting us so warmly into your home.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Everyone!

    Hope you all had a wonderful long weekend and are ready to greet this shortened week head on. :-)

    What possessed me to put that song on the Playlist??? Can't get it out of my head and walk around the house humming it. It will go away this afternoon I think!!! LOL

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The green and white are just so cool and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Daphne! Any green always works for me.
    Or yellow or blue or pink or .... LOL

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails