Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"Toyland" - Tablescape Thursday

Welcome to anther Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan over at Between Naps On The Porch.  The holidays may be weeks away, but blogland is all abuzz with great ideas for tables and other wonderful decor.

"Toyland" is a vintage tablecloth shown with Lemongrass Post 86 Fiesta and decorative salad plates.  The glassware is from Home Goods, flatware from Macy's, napkins from Tuesday Morning. The toys enjoying a ringside seat for this informal gathering are from my childhood days, so you know they are true antiques! There are also a few contemporary ornaments that seemed to fit right in with the older pieces.




These cute little vintage mushroom salt and pepper shakers look like they were made for this tablecloth!


The candle holders are all from Home Goods.






The wonderful graphics on this cloth reminded me of some of my toys the first time I saw it.






And then there are the toys.




There are some contemporary ornaments mixed in with the vintage toys too.


14 comments:

  1. Oh your table is just too cute! Love the whimsy! What a fantasy land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tablecloth and all the candles are a nice touch along with the wooden ornaments. Pretty tree too. How many tablecloths do you own and where do you store them all?
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun colors and I love your tablecloth and all your cute toys too -- this is fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Candy, your table is so charming! First of all that tablecloth is just precious! Where do you find these? Your little toys and everything just make me feel like a kid again! I love your tablescapes.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute table. I love the centerpiece. And the tablecloth is so cute. I love vintage. :)

    D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy! What fun this table is. The combination of colors is fabulous. I really enjoyed looking at every detail....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, love the theme! Everything goes so well together!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies, it is fun isn't it? And makes for a great conversation piece with all the little toys.

    Joyce I store all of my vintage linens in a large antique pine armoir with glass shelves in it. I'm hoping to do a post sometime in January about how I store all my dishes and tablescape things.

    Sheila, this cloth came from eBay, some from local haunts, some from friends. They just seem to multiply at will!

    Check back on Friday for Pink Fish for Foodie Friday and a nutcracker Show and Tell Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Candy, You know my little heart always skips a beat when I stop in over at your place...From the vintage table cloths to the most beloved Fiesta.... I love all that you do.... I also love vintage toys... I do hope you have a very Merry Christmas...Everything is perfection... Merry Christmas
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candy your table is too cute for words! Just love that cloth and the toys make it so fun. The mushroom salt and pepper are a cute addition. I look forward to your tables and would love to see how you 'organize' your linens and dishes.
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute, whimsical table! I really like that shade of green with all the red...it is giving me some ideas. ♥ the little red bottlebrush tree. Your vintage tablecloth is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by, it really is a fun cloth and I like the non-traditional color combo! Linda, I hope to be doing a post in Jan about how I store all this dish stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Preciosa mesa redonda, una maravillaso mesa!!!
    Felicitaciones Chany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails