Monday, December 28, 2009

A Bittersweet Day

My heart is breaking.

Our 46th anniversary and sweet memories of my dear Ms Bonnie who left us this evening to join her other fur baby friends in the clouds of heaven.  She had a wonderful Christmas with her grand babies and family, but lost the battle this evening.

She was 15 and the best dog ever. She was surrounded at the end by the three who loved her best my DH and me and my daughter, who was her doctor.  She left us here at home with quiet grace and is now free of all suffering and pain. We will miss her always, but will remember the years of unconditional love she brought to our lives.



10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you lost Bonnie. I hope your memories of her lovely life can comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. Bonnie will always be in your heart and may memories of her bring you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious photo and what sweet memories you must have of her. Healing thoughts to you...
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Candy. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful dog. May your happy memories fill your heart and help ease the pain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy, let me take this time to tell you how sorry I am that you lost your dear pet, Bonnie. Sounds like she lived a good life with lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rest well, dear Bonnie. I'm glad I had a chance to meet her, though it was many years ago. I know what a dear friend she was to you, Candy. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard especially when you have had a pet for that length of time. They have become such a part of the family. Our cat is 15 and I shall miss him when he dies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for taking the time to say good-bye to my sweet Bonnie with me. We are still overcome with grief, even though we knew the end was coming.

    It is so very quiet without her and the space she filled in our lives was so much bigger than we even realized. Hug all your fur babies one extra time today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seguro que os dió mucho cariño en las tristezas y las alegria estuvo también.
    Amo a los animales son los mejores amig@s nunca te desengañan y siempre están a tu lado..Besitos Victoria.España

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails